Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

To expect a little understanding by Supermarkets! GRRRRRRRRRR Need to vent!

(18 Posts)
billysitch Wed 15-Jul-09 12:20:24

Three issues in 24 hours!

1. If it isnt bad enough trying to cope with a 4 year old and a 6 week old fighting our way down the street in which everyone seems to have a problem that I have a pram yes a PRAM and not a pushchair (apparently I must look like an alien being the way they look at me)then I finally get to Somerfields and stand in the huge lunchtime queue for 4 pints of milk when they finally call me forward 'til number one please'. There is no room to give the milk over to the man on the til as til number two has two elderly shoppers trying to get their shopping together as they dont have any room either as the tils are too close together to get in an anorexic let alone a mother, pram and 4 year old and two pensioners ! And the man on the til says sorry we only take cash on this til AAAAARRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRGGGGG luckily I had cash and wasnt even intending to use a card but fancy having a cash only til during the lunchtime rush.

2. Then the ASDA shop arrives by van in the afternoon a very polite lovely young man delivers the shopping and off he goes. Forgetting to mention which of the pile of bags now dumped on the drive has the ice cream in it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Then having finally put away all the monthly shop I find that that the picker in the supermarket has taken it upon themselves to give me 2 rotten onions (hand picked I may add), gluten free rusks, cheese with ham in it, light malt vinegar, the list goes on. Suffice as to say I didnt want rotten onions, or gluten free rusks, just normal ones, I didnt want ham in my cheese or I would have ordered it and who for god sake has light vinegar!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Having telephoned ASDA I find out that they had substitued these items even tho I have DO NOT SEND ME SUBSTITUES on my account! ARRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRGGGGGGGGGG!

3. Me and the baby popped into Sainsburys this morning for all the things that were missed off of our monthly shop by ASDA yesterday so I had about 5-10 items in the trolley. Completely knackared without much sleep since having son by section god only knows what I looked like. I started to put my things on the conveyor belt, son screaming to be breast fed doing the wall of death, and the ubrupt, stroppy til lady says "do you have a lot of shopping in that trolley" I say "oh sorry i didnt know you were closing I didnt see any sign" she says "I am not this is the fast track and basket isle!" I say "sorry I didnt see the signs where are they" she carps "Above your head and THERE!" pointing to a sign wedged into the magasine rack...... with a shrug she intimated that I could carry on and then proceeded to huff and puff (probably Henry screaming) and THROW my stuff down the end.... ARRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRGGGGGGGGGGGGGG

Well I am home now and needed to vent before I go and cry and scream along with Henry!

BLOODY SUPERMARKETS!!!!!!!!!!!!!! angry

johnthepong Wed 15-Jul-09 12:24:57

Everything is much harder with a 6 week old when you are sleep deprived.

I expect the car machine on the cash only til was broken, thats why they were only taking cash. Dosnt make sense for them to not take card payments.

TimeForMe Wed 15-Jul-09 12:32:43

I have recently switched from Asda online shopping to Ocado, following the many recommendations on here and after receiving terrible service and quality from Asda and I can honestly say that shopping is now a pleasure. A lovely delivery man, very prompt delivery time (with a choice of hourly delivery slots rather than two hourly) no substitutes and quality goods.

I can highly recommend it! smile

Lostinparenthood Wed 15-Jul-09 12:38:39

I've had a checkout assistant get shirty with me too on occasion because I am in a basket only lane with a trolley and five items.

Pointed out to her that the only reason I have a trolley is because I am not wiling to chase two children around a busy supermarket.

In the end emptied my trolley into basket to make her happy grin

DidEinsteinsMum Wed 15-Jul-09 13:07:13

I hate the swap of my preferred brands to their preferred own brand. It aint the same and I dont want it. Give me back what i want.

<stamps foot very angrily>
<whimpers about having to go shopping now>

MamaHarman3 Wed 15-Jul-09 13:24:11

I regularly stand in the basket only with my two DS (18 months and 15 weeks) in a trolley and mentally dare someone to challenge me, normlly other shoppers though.

What else do they expect us to do, struggle with a baby in arms, toddler running off and carrying a basket on our heads.

I'm a very loyal Sainsburys shopper and the local store has been absolutely brilliant. When DS was a few weeks old I had a couple of occasions where he was screaming for bf and the checkout supervisor offered to pack or hold the baby. A few of the staff ask how the boys are getting on and it's nice they recognise me as a regular customer.

Asda on the other hand drives me insane and I've yet to find a bag of lettuce there that is not turning brown with 5 days left on the use by date!

Sleep deprivation is truly awful though and would test the most patient person to their limit. Feel I'm insane most days muttering obscenities to myself about other drivers, shoppers, DC, DH, etc, etc, etc.....

JackBauer Wed 15-Jul-09 13:53:04

God yes, don't ever use Asda online, it is beyond rubbish.
I always use teh trolleys at teh basket only line with both DD's in it, no-one has ever said anything.

Sainsbo's is great, have had someone push my trolley round before now when DD2 was hysterical, but my favourite shop is my local Aldi which opened about a month after DD2 was born. I have been up with my double buggy and gone round loading it up with shopping. They actually slow down the till if I need to pack my things (big deal for Aldi) and teh manager has started coming out of the office to say hello to DD's and help out if I need it as they all know that I live down the road and am a regular.

billysitch Wed 15-Jul-09 14:28:47

Hi everyone,

Thank you all for your sympathies, to be honest I was using sainsburys online but switched to asda (money issues) but I will be telling dh that it is sainsburys on line from now on or he can do it.

Sainsburys are usually lovely tbh, but today of all days I had to have mrs jobs worth!

Hey ho we are all fed and watered now and feel a lot happier that I have a month before I have to do it all again......

hey ho.

Much love smile xx

Sassyfrassy Wed 15-Jul-09 15:46:11

Ocado puts groceries in different coloured bags so you know what needs to go into freezer and fridge, genius!

pointydog Wed 15-Jul-09 15:48:59

can you go shopping without the kids? Far preferable

TimeForMe Wed 15-Jul-09 16:09:48

And today when I had got my delivery they had put my carton of cream in a clear little sealed bag so it wouldn't leak (Ocado that is) I am a true convert, they are brilliant and I will never use Asda again!

babyball Wed 15-Jul-09 16:15:52

Ocado sounds wonderful, but also I imagine much more expensive than Asda as the food is from Waitrose. Much as I love their food, can only afford to shop there occasionally. I have never had any problems with Tesco home delivery btw, although they have a tendency to use too many bags.

TimeForMe Wed 15-Jul-09 18:46:09

To be honest I don't find it much more expensive. They have some really good offers too. I am finding I am shopping more carefully and have less waste so it's not costing me anymore than my Asda shopping did.

I stopped using Asda because of the hideous substitutes plus the fact goods would be sold at one price on the internet but charged at a higher price when delivered. I was being overcharged every single time I did a shop. Customer service were useless as were head office when I took my complaint to them so I stopped using them.

JackBauer Wed 15-Jul-09 20:46:28

We don't get Ocado.

<sulks>

Scorpette Wed 15-Jul-09 22:38:05

Ocado missed a 75p item off our shop and not only refunded it, but gave us a code for £5 off on our next online shop. Now THAT'S customer service!

I often take a trolley with a few items in it to the basket only tills, as I am a) a wimp who can't carry heavy stuff in a basket and b) will usually have other heavy bags with me and need to put them in the trolley in order to be able to get round the store properly. Have never had a jobsworth harass me for that, but plenty of other things wink. We used to use Sainsbury's online, but they were terrible for providing out-of-date or going-out-of-date fruit and veg and also for doing really incongruous substitutions (like salad cream instead of salsa, that sort of thing). Ocado have brought out a big range of own-label stuff, which is pretty decently priced and they do have good offers on all the time. Still pricier that Asda online, mind.

carocaro Wed 15-Jul-09 22:55:11

Asda are SHIT. always crap stuff, rubbish delivery.

OCADO are FAB but pricey even though they claim to price match Tesco - on a few things

Tesco are brill.

I feel you, been there too, I have 2 boys, 5 years between them, the first 3 months we bone achiningly mind frazzling tough, I manged just to get him to school most days, no shower, hair back, slick of lip gloss and a breath mint.

Supermarkets need to wake up and realise that it's not just price that gets us in there spending, it's how child friendly they are from start to finish, some of the checkout people want that next customer thing banging across the back of their heads several times a day!

GetOrfMoiCockroachCluster Thu 16-Jul-09 12:55:28

Do agree that Waitrose Online is the best - and you get 3 different coloured bags to denote fridge, freezer and cupboard stuff. Plus the delivery man is a lovely, kind and helpful man.

I couldn't bear ASDA - I have never used thier delivery service but so much of their stuff is just vile (houmous, frsh fruit and veg, own brand detergent for instance) that it is not worth my shopping there.

NEVER venture into a Somerfield again! I used to live in a town where the only supermakret within 14 miles was a (small high street) Somerfield where I had to do my weekly shop. Can you imagine.

PfftTheMagicDragon Thu 16-Jul-09 13:01:44

I hate asda, struggle to find decent fruit and veg there and it's all going bad by the next day.

Somerfield is worse though, adsa customer service with higher prices!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now