Talk

Advanced search

to want to find a statement on the internet that says, "Starkadder, your baby is going to be fine"?

(9 Posts)
starkadder Tue 14-Jul-09 19:51:27

...obviously I am...

But do you know what I mean? Just found out am pregnant again - I think about 6 weeks. Had 2 MCs before DS1 so was terrified throughout that pregnancy. Not such a nervous wreck this time - so far - but still - I keep on trawling the internet pointlessly...

...and it occurs to me that what I really want to find is someone, somewhere, telling me categorically that it's all going to be OK.

Too much to ask??

2anddone Tue 14-Jul-09 19:55:49

Firstly congratulations! grin I had a mmc before ds and when I got pg again I was also terrified the hospital gave me an early scan to check all was ok could you maybe go down that route? YANBU I had dd 10 months ago and even though all had been fine with ds pregnancy I spent the whole time wondering and wish someone could have told me the same!

chegirl Tue 14-Jul-09 19:57:14

Yes it is but you have every right in the world to want it. smile

But you are not going to find it on the internet or anywhere else.

But you know that anyway dont you?

Good luck and try try try to relax.

Big hugs (dont tell anyone I just did that)

funnypeculiar Tue 14-Jul-09 19:59:23

Congratulations.
And you are being quite reasonably unreasonable smile

ErikaMaye Tue 14-Jul-09 20:00:16

Big congrats. I had a MC a few years ago, so when I found out I was expecting again - around the same time you have - I spent every day up until the 12 week mark absolutely terrified. Its totally natural to be nervous. I didn't know you could ask for an early scan, but think its a good idea if your hospital will do it Good luck with everything! x

YouLukaAmazing Tue 14-Jul-09 20:02:51

Message withdrawn

NothingToSeeHere Tue 14-Jul-09 20:03:25

You sound completely rational to me smile

I too scour the net for any snippet of information which will keep me awake at night. I had a m/c early this year and am now pg again. I had a CVS this morning and you can bet I was up late last night looking at miscarriage statistics after CVS, instead of getting some much needed sleep.

Of course if anyone dares to suggest all will be fine I am wont to snap "how do you know?" at the poor soul.

But actually most of the time I'm fairly sane and have things in prespective. Anxiety is normal, and hopefully you don't feel too consumed by it.

Congratulations on your pregnancy!

starkadder Tue 14-Jul-09 20:30:05

Thanks guys Have made resolution to TRY and enjoy it this time, as last time was really quite insane for 9 months. Also, traumatic and miserable as those 2 MCs were, I do now have my lovely lovely baby - and I know even more (if that were possible) how lucky I am to have him.

That said, good resolutions and all that...

But you are lovely. Tear in my eye... grin

YouLukaAmazing Tue 14-Jul-09 20:58:23

Message withdrawn

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now