Talk

Advanced search

toddler groups

(8 Posts)
darwin Tue 14-Jul-09 19:18:49

Hi bit fuming today we went to our last toddler group as my boy starts playschool in sept. bit cliquey group but we have some friends there. Third week in a row tho he has been got at by one of the other toddlers there - hair pull ,thumping throwing stuff in his face ,whilst his mum chats to her friends and does not see. This drives me mad! anyone else have similar experiences??

RenagadeMum Tue 14-Jul-09 19:27:07

Have you spoken to her?

I had this with a tiny little shit darling called Oscar who came with his auntie.
She was so lovely and used to apologise every time she saw him doing something awful. unfortuantely for every one thing she saw there were about 20 she didn't!

In the end I hissed at him with an evil face and said 'touch her again and I will be very very cross.' This was after she had pulled her hair so badly it was awful to watch, Pushed her off the top of the slide, shoved her out of the playhouse and finally bit her. He was everywhere! And not just my dd, other children were terrified.

It worked. He became lovely after that, strangely clingy to me and nice to my dd. Am I proud of what I did...not really. But I couldn't see my dd being beaten up anymore.

It worked

stonethecrows Tue 14-Jul-09 19:49:02

I agree, you definitely need to speak to her....

I know my youngest and a little boy do not get on well at toddler group, and I have caught them fighting (started by both sides!) several times, but I didn't say anything. Which was a big mistake as mother of little boy caught my DD pushing her DS, took great delight in telling me and then proceeding to tell other mothers at toddler group. Obviously I had words with DD, but was furious with myself for not saying anything to mum about earlier incidents as it made my DD look like a big bully, when in fact they were both as bad as each other blush Although was also pretty annoyed with other mum about how she felt the need to tell all the other mums at the group..... hmm

junglist1 Tue 14-Jul-09 19:53:52

Renegade, we are going to get roasted but good on you

junglist1 Tue 14-Jul-09 19:54:29

That's flamed roasted not footballer roasted

BooRadders Tue 14-Jul-09 20:20:49

Darwin..are you in Sheffield? This incident strangely familiar to me today.Although suspect there's one at most groups..

darwin Fri 17-Jul-09 19:48:15

Hi thanks for messaging, we have finished toddler groups now, so prob wont see this family again. I am a bit useless at confrontational things and then my voice goes a bit wobbly and I forget what am trying to say!!
I have been going to groups for about five years now with my other child and have found there is usually one little "shit" who is destructive and/or violent to others, which obviously comes with the territory a bit but I do find it hard when the parent does nothing . I liked your plan renegademum !

Gateau Mon 20-Jul-09 11:21:38

dariwn, you've got to tell the mother what's going on - nicely, of course.
If it continues and she does nothing, then I would have a word with whoveer runs the group.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now