Talk

Advanced search

to think my mn name is safe....

(15 Posts)
whoops Tue 14-Jul-09 16:53:07

and not taken by someone else by swapping the letters for numbers?
I paid for my name in the auction and if I name change I check to see when the name was last used but generally use something unique.

RealiteEstMaSeuleIllusion Tue 14-Jul-09 16:54:51

Message withdrawn

RoseBlossoms Tue 14-Jul-09 16:56:21

Paid?

whoops Tue 14-Jul-09 16:57:25

yes they are! They have admitted to being a regular and name changed for a thread but I don't want people to think it's me! especially as they have been posting on other threads under that name too.
There is a whoopsIdiditagain but that doesn't bother me

SarahL2 Tue 14-Jul-09 17:00:00

I didn't know anyone had paid for their MN name!!

Perhaps Wh00ps didn't either?

I hope there's not a SarahL on here somewhere royally pee'd off with me for stealing her name shock It didn't occur to me when I picked it blush

GetOrfMoiLand Tue 14-Jul-09 17:01:10

Reality - why is your name en francais?

Is there a general French theme going on - shall I change mine to PartirMaTerre!

whoops Tue 14-Jul-09 17:06:18

yes there was an auction a couple of years ago where we could bid for a name i really wanted. I wasn't the only ne there were quite a few that paid for our names.
Surely if someone has tried a name and it is taken using numbers is far to close to change to

RealiteEstMaSeuleIllusion Tue 14-Jul-09 17:06:22

Message withdrawn

PeachyTheRiverParrettHarlot Tue 14-Jul-09 17:10:15

I also paid for my MN name and had a similar experience a while ago Whoops. Luckily several MNers stepped in to help and that person chnged voluntarily (can't even remember who it was now TBH, she didnt hang sround long afaik- not the well known Peachygirl or peachesmclean posters, was closer than that))

Heifer Tue 14-Jul-09 17:18:28

Don't worry too much whoops, if she was nice or funny on a thread I would know it wasn't you grin

I do know what you mean though - definately have a polite word. I came across a heffa and she agreed to change her name (was very nice about it tbh).

PartirMaTerre Tue 14-Jul-09 17:19:15

Yay!

GrapefruitMoon Tue 14-Jul-09 17:22:40

I changed my name partly because there was another poster with a similar one - when I chose my name I knew her one was taken iysim but I assumed it was someone no longer on MN as there weren't any recent posts - then she started posting again!

Surely tech could find a way to avoid these things happening?

Hsl500 Tue 14-Jul-09 17:28:11

Learn something new everyday , hope I've not taken anybodies name
Hsl

GrapefruitMoon Tue 14-Jul-09 17:36:20

Hsl499 is furious with you grin

Hsl500 Tue 14-Jul-09 17:39:27

Oops sorry hsl499 ;)
The computer let me have it, the username that is

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now