(10 Posts)
dilemma456 Tue 14-Jul-09 13:35:31

Message withdrawn

southeastastra Tue 14-Jul-09 13:37:29

shame you can't actually say these things. would probably sort them out wink

notnowbernard Tue 14-Jul-09 13:40:52

Huge sympathies to you from me

I can relate to this

I think in these types of jobs we're all allowed a bit of burn out compassion fatigue every now and again smile

You'll feel differently tomorrow

poopscoop Tue 14-Jul-09 13:42:01

well, you could say all those things whilst you pack your desk up!

Actually, I have to say there is no better feeling than walking out of a job in the middle of the day. With a parting shot of what a complete and utter wanker the boss/colleague is. The sense of relief is wonderful.

Suppose it is finding another job in this climate that is the prob.

Just smile sweetly and think 'god you are an arsehole' when you are dealing with these clients, and make sure they drop back a few spaces on the list for whatever it is they are wanting. wink

dilemma456 Wed 15-Jul-09 09:17:01

Message withdrawn

AmazingBouncingFerret Wed 15-Jul-09 09:25:53

You have my greatest respect working where you do.
I work in a store and understand how you were feeling (I usually feel that way in the run up to Christmas) Its so nice when you get gratitude for going "that extra mile" its not often it happens and it makes it worthwhile.

babyball Wed 15-Jul-09 10:03:48

Used to work for JSA a few years back and totally sympathise. Most people were absoulutely fine, but the psychotic randoms smelling of piss and white lightening really got to me. I couldn't imagine working there now at 35 weeks pg. You are very brave. I am in my last week at work (now work with students), much better but still challenging and wish that I had finished earlier.

nappyaddict Wed 15-Jul-09 10:37:53

where do you work?

AppleandMosesMummy Wed 15-Jul-09 10:46:27

I don't know how you restrain yourself on a daily basis, I couldn't.
If you do decide to leave though, have a day where you say everything you've ever wanted to and enjoy grin

mummydoc Wed 15-Jul-09 11:35:13

ohhh complete sympathy , i have random days when i suffer from CDD ( compassion defeciet disorder) usually after seeing the 20th person who wants that fat pill , and claims only to eat a lettice leaf but is still 25 stone, or wants disabilty benefit for some very minor ailment ...but i smile sweetly and do my best to sugar coat the "no you cannot have a magic pill for all ills" ( actually in bed with swine flu at moment so my CDD is in remission but i know that it is really a chronic , relapsing disorder with no known cure and the only releif from the symptoms comes from regular holidays and counting ones blessings everyday !!! ( pleaase don't flame me just trying to raise a laugh for op ster who does have a pretty grim job)

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now