Talk

Advanced search

to wonder why the fuck a person would quibble about a photograph taken 4 months ago?

(23 Posts)
EccentricaGallumbits Tue 14-Jul-09 13:20:48

dance show 4 months ago. I had the odious task of taking photo orders, printing photos then sending them out. Was complicated and horrible.

4 months later some mental woman rings my home number to ask why one of her photos is the wrong one of her pfb child.

4 months.

this child doesn't even dance any more.

I have no idea which chld she is. which photo was ordered and i can't be arsed to spend the next 6 hours digging around trying to work out which one she is, then getting said photo printed then sending it to this woman.

Woman in question was a bit stroppy when i pointed out it was 4 months ago and i don't know who her child is.

She has a photo of her child. just she said it was the wrong one. she did say the order form is checked and ticked that the number she has ordered is the one she has been sent.

Is she U or am I?

saintlydamemrsturnip Tue 14-Jul-09 13:22:09

"she did say the order form is checked and ticked that the number she has ordered is the one she has been sent."

So her mistake then surely?

Tamarto Tue 14-Jul-09 13:22:51

Well if she has been sent the one she ordered then she is being unreasonable, infact after 4months she is being unreasonable, i'd be tempted to tell her to piss of and get a life!

chickydee Tue 14-Jul-09 13:23:33

she is, gawd whats her problem?
Sounds like a right nutter, next time she rings tell her to fuck off,lol

Rhubarb Tue 14-Jul-09 13:23:37

So, she ticked the number for the photo and that is the number you sent her? If so then that's hard luck.

However if she ticked one number and you sent her the wrong one, then you have to sort it out. Sometimes it takes a while to realise that they've sent you the wrong photo.

CouldYouWouldYouWithaGoat Tue 14-Jul-09 13:26:08

[shudder] @ thought of organising dance show photos. were you atoning for some awful deed.

KingCanuteIAm Tue 14-Jul-09 13:28:12

I did this with school photos, ordered the worng ones, received them and did not realise until a few weeks after they arrived (they stayed in the pack as they were for sending to family). Of course I contacted them, appologised profusely and asked if it would be too much trouble if I re-oredered the right one. I was quite prepared to go without as it was my mistake - and pay for th new ones of course.

The lovely lady sorted it out for me, sent me new ones and refused to charge me for them. I like to think that this was because of my approach to her (as well as her being a fantastic person of course!) - it was my fault and I was asking her a favour when I asked her to sort it out. If Ihad behaved like your lady I would have expected to be told to get knotted!

EccentricaGallumbits Tue 14-Jul-09 13:40:05

I did something bad in a previous life. I wil not be doing it again.

Have emailed her the 18 possible photos it could have been.
If she expects me to get them printed for her she can fuck off.

EccentricaGallumbitAvecAccent Tue 14-Jul-09 20:51:11

shock shock shock

i emailed this mental woman with copies of possible photos ofher PFB.

Just hada really7 snotty reply along the lines o these are the wrong ones. Then she has scanned in her order form anda detailed description of the photo in question.
I know the one she actually means.

She now expects me to reprint this photo, then post it to her 'suitably protected' as she has altready paid for it. 50p !!!!!!!

AIBU to tell her to fuck off?

actually I told her I could do it but not for 4 weeks or I could email the jpeg and she could do it herself. I'm not 100% sure she didn't get the right one sent to her.

would it also be U to point out this would have been easier 4 months ago?

JeMeSouviens Tue 14-Jul-09 20:58:38

Ask her to return the incorrect photo, and once you receive it you'll start thinking about printing and sending the correct one.

saintlydamemrsturnip Tue 14-Jul-09 21:01:50

Good grief. You've sent her 18 photos and she's still moaning. Can you not just email her the most likely suspect. Are you paid for this or is it voluntary? If voluntary tell her to F.O.

stainesmassif Tue 14-Jul-09 21:17:22

send her 50p back

in pennies

and forget the postage

EccentricaGallumbitAvecAccent Tue 14-Jul-09 21:19:57

all voluntary. all pennies raised for a charity.

am thinking

Dear mrs x

Further to my last e-mail I have decided to send you the j-peg of the photo in question for you to print yourself as I am unlikely to be able to do it within the next month and the extra cost for printing, postage, petrol and parking would make this rather expensive.

If you need to claim back the 50p already paid please contact mrs y (dance teacher)as I have no access to charity funds.

Many Thanks

Eccentrica

FenellaFudge Tue 14-Jul-09 21:22:12

I dont understand. Did she get the photo she requested originally, ie the one she 'ticked' or was she sent a different one?

If the latter then, although it may seem like a big fuss over notalot, it's your mistake and down to you to rectify.

If the former then just tell her she messed up and this is not something you are dealing with any more.

Alibabaandthe40nappies Tue 14-Jul-09 21:23:55

Do it - she sounds like a total loon.

EccentricaGallumbitAvecAccent Tue 14-Jul-09 21:24:56

I don't know. It's so long ago. She claims I sent her a different one. I don't care and I have too much on my plate to be dealing with it.

If she hadn't been quite so bloody rude on the phone and also by email I might have tried a bit harder.

ingles2 Tue 14-Jul-09 21:29:39

That email will do fine Eccentrica... honestly what is wrong with these people? I see it at our PTA. it's like they think we don't have a life FFS...

LadyMuck Tue 14-Jul-09 21:30:50

Well, practically speaking the woman has no real comeback to you. If the photo costs 50p and you have emailed the file so that she can print it out herself, then she can hardly pursue you through the courts.

If you wanted to be nice for her, then of course you could print etc. But it doesn't sound as if she is proving much motivation.

If she had ordered something from a shop and then waited for 4 months to point out it was the wrong item, then she wouldn't get much recompense.

EccentricaGallumbitAvecAccent Tue 14-Jul-09 21:31:06

done. will see if she responds.

Rindercella Tue 14-Jul-09 21:33:49

She sounds loopy. I hope you have clicked the send button for that email - tone is spot on imo.

EccentricaGallumbitAvecAccent Tue 14-Jul-09 21:37:04

I did but didn't include the bit about cost of printing, petrol and parking because i thought that sounded a bit rude.

if she gets back to me I will have to be very blunt.

GiraffesCanRunA10k Tue 14-Jul-09 21:37:19

Agree with Rindercella

hocuspontas Tue 14-Jul-09 21:44:41

50p!! 4 months ago!!! Some people!! shock

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now