Talk

Advanced search

to only use Facebook to be nosey about friends and family (extended)...

(11 Posts)
TheOddOne Mon 13-Jul-09 20:00:35

....whilst posting nothing about myself?

I'm interested in seeing piccies of DBrother at his wife's family dos (does he look happier than at mine?) and seeing how old the school bullies are looking via an old friend and seeing what a couple of school gate acquaintances do of a weekend. I figure if they've put the info up there.......

Is this wrong?

salvadory Mon 13-Jul-09 20:03:32

no YANBU. This is what FB is for, general snooping on ex-boyf's and old school chums/foes. Too, too addictive, glad i'm not the only one

TheOddOne Mon 13-Jul-09 20:29:46

Oooh i hadn't thought of ex boyfs...........grin

sockmonkey Mon 13-Jul-09 20:35:17

I love checking out people's photos. I am very nosey.
I do post plenty of my own, but keep it for "friends only"

salvadory Mon 13-Jul-09 20:38:59

plus if i don't snoop on FB i spend way too much time on MN!!

Grandhighpoohba Mon 13-Jul-09 22:20:29

Surely this is the whole point of FB?

TheOddOne Mon 13-Jul-09 22:33:36

Yes i suppose it is but my point is that i don't answer friends comments or play the games they send me (as more info is required) - just sit and well, be nosey.

I doubt any of them will notice though LOL.

Linnet Mon 13-Jul-09 22:37:32

Of course it's not wrong.

the only problem I have is most people whos like to nosey at have private pages. I can't read anything about them unless I make them my friend, which I don't want to do I just want to look at their pics and see what they're doing now, where they live etc.

Wonderstuff Mon 13-Jul-09 22:44:21

I get quite annoyed at people not on fb, I have to actually put effort into keeping in touch with them. Some comic on R4 said FB existed to reassure you that your friends lifes were just as dull as yours.

expatinscotland Mon 13-Jul-09 22:48:54

My ex bf found me on FB. I should probably say I wish he hadn't, but I'd be lying.

gembobs Tue 14-Jul-09 01:24:09

I only go on fb now 2 c wot my family/friends r up2 but other than that i spend all time on MN, it is not wrong 2 snoop, i love snooping.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now