Talk

Advanced search

To think my DD should be allowed to have her pencil case in school

(9 Posts)

I've just bought DD a new pencil case. Its not an expensive one but its a bit unusual, it's shaped like a little dog. Her teacher has asked her to go back to using her old one as some of the boys in the class think its funny to snatch it off her desk and throw it across the room.

Why doesn't the teacher stop the boys doing that? Am a bit annoyed that I've spent money on it now.

Twims Mon 13-Jul-09 19:46:11

YANBU

englishpatient Mon 13-Jul-09 19:47:45

You are certainly not being unreasonable - the teacher should be telling the boys not to do this, not telling your daughter to leave it at home!

screamingabdab Mon 13-Jul-09 19:49:20

What is the world coming to ......

YANBU

HecatesTwopenceworth Mon 13-Jul-09 19:50:29

So rather than discipline the boys and deal with the bad behaviour, the teacher wants to avoid the whole thing?

Shame life's not like that, really.

Have you asked the teacher why she doesn't stop the boys behaving like that?

Or would people generally consider that too confrontational. blush

tbh, even if she did nothing, the novelty will soon wear off. It's cos it's new.

Best thing for your daughter to do - ignore them. If they get no reaction, they'll get bored.

Either that or stab them with a maths compass. wink

potatofactory Mon 13-Jul-09 19:59:59

YANBU - I hate tales like this, as I think it adds to any potential cases of people thinking all teachers are idiots.

We're not all idiots, honest!

Pyrocanthus Mon 13-Jul-09 20:09:29

Blimey. YANBU.

Well the teacher is giving up teaching at the end of this week. So he's probably thinking he can't be bothered with it all.

I'll send the pencil case in to school in Sept and see what the new teacher makes of it.

Divatheshopaholic Mon 13-Jul-09 21:25:27

cant believe teacher acted like that

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now