Talk

Advanced search

in thinking dd's school are being a little bit OTT???

(10 Posts)
2shoes Mon 13-Jul-09 16:50:28

dd's pead is leaving and on friday it is her farewell do, dd and I have been invited.
it takes place between 12 and 2. dd finishes school at 3.30 then goes on the bust for about an hour.
so I thought wouldn't it be nice if she came home with me(20 min car trip instead)

now last week it was prize giving and parents were told they could take their dc's home.

so I have asked if it would be ok, and I have to fill in a form, the type you fill in for a hloiday.......
is this mad or what

annh Mon 13-Jul-09 17:00:06

Are you taking your daughter out of school at lunchtime to go to the leaving do? In that case, I think it is perfectly normal for your dd's school to ask you to fill in a form. We have to do this at the dc's school if we take them out for music exams, visits to secondary school etc. It is signed and a copy kept in their file, presumably so that if necessary, they can prove that their authorised absence forms are accurate.

fleacircus Mon 13-Jul-09 17:04:27

Thought you meant her paediatrician, but it's head, right? So the party's at the school? Does seem a little bureaucratic but if that's their system, so be it.

DesperateHousewifeToo Mon 13-Jul-09 17:08:00

Can you not take a book to read to an hour and half until he finishes?

If it were me, i'd probably have a snooze in the car blush

ABigIndagatio Mon 13-Jul-09 17:09:25

Does the paed work at the school - don't see why you would have to fill in a form for holiday maybe just write a note as you would if she was leaving early for a doctors/dentist appointment.

2shoes Mon 13-Jul-09 17:11:29

sorry should have said the leaving do is on site, dd goes to an sn school.

PeachyTheRiverParrettHarlot Mon 13-Jul-09 17:16:02

We have to fill these out for BIBIC etc and go through the holiday process (as if we'd listen if they said no pmsl fors oemthing like that)

School being a bit OTT but sign and shrug

2shoes Mon 13-Jul-09 17:34:31

I will but, imo it is silly.
I understood when I asked or 2 days off after she went to lourdes, but this seems silly.

springlamb Mon 13-Jul-09 17:49:04

I had to fill in a form to send ds in late after the Bruce Springsteen concert, 2shoes. Although the head did agree with me that it would be a good 'educational' experience for him.
It's all to do with authorised/unauthorised. Your form in their file means they can record it as 'authorised' which looks better for the stats.

2shoes Mon 13-Jul-09 17:59:15

ok I will let them off.
but next time they say "parents can take their dc's home after if they like" as they did last week, I will ask for a form lol

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now