Talk

Advanced search

In thinking the word 'slut' isn't appropriate for TV programmes shown at 7:30pm?

(9 Posts)
FluffyBunnyGoneBad Sun 12-Jul-09 19:51:44

ITV, The Royal.

God I'm turning into Mary Whitehouse! shock

plimple Sun 12-Jul-09 19:57:07

Depends. If it meant a slovenly person then that's OK, if used to mean someone was a tart that's different.

FluffyBunnyGoneBad Sun 12-Jul-09 19:58:58

A stepfather had got his stepdaughter pregnant, she told a doctor that the stepfather had said he'd go after her sister, doctor went to take the other children to safety, hit the stepfather, stepfather then said 'she's a slut, just like her mother'. It's 7:30!!!

Rindercella Sun 12-Jul-09 20:09:45

Forget about the use of the word 'slut', that's one hell of a nasty storyline for 7.30pm. Mind you, I guess stuff like that frequently happens in EE, Corrie & doubtless Hollyoaks too!

<<I turned into Mary Whitehouse's love child reincarnation 2 years ago when DD was born>> grin

plimple Mon 13-Jul-09 06:25:20

write in and complain

readyfornumber2and3 Mon 13-Jul-09 09:09:58

its certainly not ideal but probably no worse than anything children will hear walking down the street these days!

MoonchildNo6 Mon 13-Jul-09 09:12:42

YANBU I hate the way they are sneaking this stuff in. Ready is right that they might hear it walking down the street but that doesn't mean it's OK to put on tele.

sis Mon 13-Jul-09 09:19:47

Hang on, that's the storyline and you're upset about the word 'slut'?! If people are happy to let their kids watch a show with that type of storyline surely they will accept the word 'slut' as being ok because it is in context.

FluffyBunnyGoneBad Mon 13-Jul-09 15:12:23

Ds wasn't watching it but he was in the room IYKWIM. He would have heard the word but not know about the story line. It's all OTT for 7:30 sunday viewing really.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now