Talk

Advanced search

photographer-creepy or not?

(10 Posts)
1950smum Sun 12-Jul-09 19:14:24

Hi recently took my 5 month old dd to have her some professional photos taken in a studio.
I was a bit taken aback when he suggested removing all her clothes except her nappy and wrapping her lower half in a white towel for the latter half of the session.

He then laughed and said 'her first topless shoot!'

Am i being unreasonable in thinking this is creepy and unprofessional?

How would you have reacted?

mrsboogie Sun 12-Jul-09 19:16:08

nah - it was just a joke, unless he was a creepy bloke?

nickytwotimes Sun 12-Jul-09 19:16:59

I don't think it is odd, no.
The 'topless shot' comment is rather cringeworthy though.

If you were uncomfortable, then you could have said no and told him you thought it inappropriate and gone elsewhere.

lockets Sun 12-Jul-09 19:17:20

Message withdrawn

MrsBadger Sun 12-Jul-09 19:17:36

the practice is utterly normal

the comment is not

don;t go back

Firawla Sun 12-Jul-09 19:18:01

I think a lot of people like to take pics like this of their babies, so in that sense its not so unusual. Personally I don't like it, and like you I would have said no, I would rather keep baby in their clothes.
His comment was a bit crude, but probably not meant to be offensive. He offered that suggestion, you declined, I think no need to dwell on it as it may be fairly common-place. So yab a tiny bit u, although I understand your sentiments.

1950smum Sun 12-Jul-09 19:21:07

it wasn't the fact that she was topless that bothered me, it was the coment which was said in a rather pervy way. however, i have to be honest and admit that i reacted by sniggering at the time and thinking bout it later.blush

MaDuggar Sun 12-Jul-09 19:35:56

I love those naked baby shots, I think they show babies in all their gorgeous innocence

I think his comment was just a bad joke, Id have laughed

chevre Sun 12-Jul-09 19:45:41

photos sound lovely, his comment was repulsive.

canttouchthis Sun 12-Jul-09 19:48:53

I think his comment could be taken the wrong way, easily.
YABU to a point because DS had his baby photos done when he was around 6mo and he had one with just his nappy on. Didn't think it was pervy at all. If you don't like these kind of photos, then at least you had the decency to say there and then, which is good.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now