Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

to stay in bed all weekend and let DH take over?

(14 Posts)
tryingtobemarypoppins Sun 12-Jul-09 12:50:19

I been vomiting for 4 weeks, this week being terrible. Vomitting at least 9/10 times a day. I am so tired weak and sick. I haven't got out of bed since Friday night. Starting to feel better but DH thinks I should now give him a break as I look better??!!

PlumpRumpSoggyBaps Sun 12-Jul-09 13:06:10

Nope. Stay put. You need to catch up with your sleep and let your body heal properly. If you try and do too much too soon you'll have a relapse.

He needs to be bringing you nourishing soups and drinks etc to boost your strength.

Four weeks is wa-a-ay too long to be vomiting, anyway. Have you seen the doctor?

StayFrosty Sun 12-Jul-09 13:21:11

Oh poor you, yanbu, that sounds really really rough. A friend of dp's has had a similar sounding virus that has lasted ages and ages, he has lost 2 stone. Now he is getting a bit better (and actually feeling better as opposed to someone observing that he 'looks better' hmm) and he has been told by his doctor that it will take at least as long for his body to recover and get well again as he was sick for iyswim.

Viruses can be rotten, if you don't give yourself time to rest and heal properly you can be laid low for ages and susceptible to other bugs. Give yourself time.

Lazycow Sun 12-Jul-09 13:27:42

Blimey I'v been in bed since Thursday night with flu and although I could get up today as I'm feeling much better and in fact want to get up as I am bored now that I am no longer ill enough to stop me being bored IYSWIM dh wants me to stay put to 'keep my plague ridden body in quaranteen for a bit longer' as he puts it grin. Dh really doesn't to catch it and is very keen for ds not to catch it either.

I think your dh is very unreasonable, vomiting is really awful.

tryingtobemarypoppins Sun 12-Jul-09 13:59:42

Sorry forgot to say i'm 8 weeks pregnant. Do you think its morning sickness?

imaynotbeperfectbutimokmummy Sun 12-Jul-09 14:02:22

your DH is being a twunt - ive been in bed since yesterday, my DP is struggling to be fair, but hes managing. I would much rather be up and out with my DP and DD but i know im better in bed just now. Although im climbing the walls i have to say.

Give him a break?? the poor love!

Mind you, i have just been downstairs, it looks like a bombs hit it, so i guess i know what i'll be doing when im better!

Firawla Sun 12-Jul-09 14:46:21

You need to see your GP it sounds like much worse than the usual morning sickness. They say if you are sick more than 3x per day consistantly, you need to see the GP as sometimes they will put you on a drip in hospital to make sure you are getting some nutrition in you.
Yanbu, stay in bed, you dh needs to be understanding and look after you, you must be feeling really crap! and get a gp apt if you have not seen them so far
hope you feel better soon

Mamulik Sun 12-Jul-09 15:34:32

I can only wish, my DH always work on weekends

tryingtobemarypoppins Sun 12-Jul-09 18:48:58

Sorry to sound gross but after a day of sipping Lucozade I now have had diarrhea twice! Is this all linked to being so sick for weeks or could it not be morning sickness at all? Thanks so much for your sweet comments so far, its really keeping me going!

blinks Sun 12-Jul-09 18:59:24

you need to be assessed pronto.

tryingtobemarypoppins Sun 12-Jul-09 19:46:57

Your worrying me blinks what are you thinking?

blinks Mon 13-Jul-09 01:38:00

any pregnant woman being that sick for so long needs to be assessed. you could become seriously dehydrated. it may be hyperemesis and you could require rehydration treatment.

please get in touch with your GP in the morning if you haven't seen someone at your local out of ours before then.

tryingtobemarypoppins Mon 13-Jul-09 13:39:50

Thanks so much blinks and everyone. I went to hospital today, great young female obsertrition sorted me all out. I am now taking Cyclizine and feel 100 times better! Thanks again!

blinks Mon 13-Jul-09 14:38:36

excellent. don't suffer if you don't have to! good luck with your pregnancy.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now