Talk

Advanced search

To dissappear up to bed, taking the lap top with me

(12 Posts)
imaynotbeperfectbutimokmummy Sat 11-Jul-09 14:17:07

I'm poorly, i feel like shit, I have the bug that DD had this week, only i seem to have it worse. Kids are so resilient aren't they.

DP is being great, looking afer DD but her running about is making me feel sick.

SO i have bought the lap top and lying in bed.

I feel guilty

MIAonline Sat 11-Jul-09 14:20:56

Do not feel guilty, enjoy it while it lasts, not the bug obviously, but the chance to be in bed during the day.

Lazycow Sat 11-Jul-09 14:23:32

I have been in bed since Thursday evening, I am temporarily feeling a bit better but my temperature varies between 38.5 and 39.8 so I feel justified really. I've got a hacking cough too.

tbh I'm not doing that much mnetting as I get really tired and shivery after about half an hour and have spent most of the time sleeping.

KIMItheThreadSlayer Sat 11-Jul-09 14:23:33

Lovely, go on don't feel bad about it enjoy

Thunderduck Sat 11-Jul-09 14:28:21

No need to feel guilty. Relax and enjoy the quiet time.

imaynotbeperfectbutimokmummy Sat 11-Jul-09 14:32:17

its no good, mning is making me nauseous - but im booooooooored

melmog Sat 11-Jul-09 15:24:01

Don't feel guilty. I'm planning on doing this tomorrow and I'm not even ill!
Going to pull a little "sicky" me thinks. Bet I won't but the idea is lovely.

imaynotbeperfectbutimokmummy Sun 12-Jul-09 13:54:42

ok, this is wearing a bit thin now - i have been up here to two days!!! be careful what you wish for!! I feel better, but not well enough to be out and about, at that stage where i want to get out of bed and do stuff but too weak.

My Lovely DP and DD have gone roller skating and i am envy

saintmaybe Sun 12-Jul-09 13:58:37

2 days here too.

Ds2's last day at school tomorrow, so trying to rest up and get well asap before the hols.

Not sure the constant mnetting is the best thing for me, though

woodlands35 Sun 12-Jul-09 14:07:23

lazycow sounds like you might have swine flu

MrsGokWan Sun 12-Jul-09 14:10:15

I sympathise with you all. Battling a chest infection here.

Lucozades all round.

Lazycow Mon 13-Jul-09 18:51:56

NHS Direct thought so too Woodlands. I am much better today but still feeling a bit woozy and tired. I think I am deffo in the convalescing phase bur have been up and about pottering etc today.

The worst bit didn't last very long (Thurs eve to Sunday morning) but I did take the tamiflu and I felt pretty rough yeaterday too but just sort of bad cold/shivery rough not full on delirious rough. It did come on really suddenly and was pretty awful while it lasted but was short so pretty mild really

I hope everyone else is feeling better by now My appetite doesn't seem to be back yet but I am really hoping that goes on for a while yet grin - some hope!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now