Talk

Advanced search

bought a pushchair and its not as described! what to do AIBU?

(5 Posts)
cancantcan Fri 10-Jul-09 12:49:29

I bought a bugaboo off ebay last week, listed as "like new" just had new chassis, with car seat adaptors etc. Seller is really really lovely, and I dont think it was intentional, but its not as described. It arrived tuesday, and the chassis is excellent, base fabrics are fine, but the fleece hood is faded, the apron has the fire retardent creasing problem, the bumper bar is really badly chewed and the car seat adaptors are missing.
Got in touch with seller, she has offered £50 partial refund to cover the fleeces and bumper bar, and she now thinks the adaptors were sold with the car seat by accident - I have asked for an extra £15 to cover some adaptors - AIBU? I feel really bad asking for extra as you can tell the seller is genuine and doing her best, but no way am I going to be able to buy second hand fleece set, car seat adaptors and bumper bar for £50. Dont want to return for refund as am off on jollies next week and boxing up pushchair and waiting for courier is a PITA.
The way I see it, I did pay a fair price for the item if it was as described, but in the condition its actually in, its not worth anything like what I paid for it IMO.

Issy2008 Fri 10-Jul-09 12:54:07

I'd tell her you want a full refund or work out how much it is worth, and ask for the difference to be refunded. Unless you really can't be bothered to wait in and then you'll just have to put up with it as is. If you've paid a lot though you want a Bug in a nice condition. She knew what condition it was in when she sold it and she should have disclosed it properly- she's taking the p!ss in my opinion!

PrammyMammy Fri 10-Jul-09 12:56:07

Hey,
she sounds pretty genuine if she is offering a part refund. How much did you pay? If you feel like it isn't enough you should probably ask for a full refund and return the pushchair though.
TK maxx have cam fleeces at the mo for cheap.

lisad123 Fri 10-Jul-09 12:59:44

£50 is more than fair for a set of fleeces, and £15 should cover adaptors too.
Just buy a bar cover to cover chew marks.

cancantcan Fri 10-Jul-09 13:29:47

I have asked for £65 total - I might get £20 for the faded fleeces, so £45 for a set in good condition, and the adaptors seem to go for around £15, I dont really want to put a bumper bar cover on though, I would rather have the bumper bar intact, as thats what I paid for, and I can get one for £25 ish on ebay second hand without nibbles.
If she agrees to £65 I will be happy as with that, I can replace the bits that arent in good condition with ones that are KWIM. I will have to see what she says.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now