Talk

Advanced search

to think that this woman had no right to complain!

(14 Posts)
2anddone Fri 10-Jul-09 10:15:26

I was dropping my ds off at pre-school this morning and while we waited outside waiting to be let in one of the mothers was complaining to anyone that would listen that her dd would be missing the end of term party and leavers presentation as they are going on holiday so wont be here on the last day of term! She said it was ok last year as they had had it mid week so everybody could go (not sure what was meant by that) She was also moaning and saying to her dd but thats ok you had fun at the last one didn't you and mentioning to everyone how it was her last end of term party as she would be going to school in Sept. Poor little girl looked so sad that she was missing out. So AIBU to think that if missing the end of term party is such an issue for this lady she should have waited until the holidays to start before going away or at least checked with the pre-school first before booking anything!And that maybe she shouldn't keep mentioning it to her dd as she feels she is missing out on fun with her friends?

Clockface Fri 10-Jul-09 10:16:31

She is BU. And unhelpful. Silly woman.

MamaLazarou Fri 10-Jul-09 10:16:37

YANBU

Moany old bitch.

Pyrocanthus Fri 10-Jul-09 10:50:25

Do you mean you didn't all rise up as one and insist that the party was rescheduled for her? What are you like? wink

catsmother Fri 10-Jul-09 10:54:01

What a stupid woman to upset her daughter like that. Furthermore, seeing as they are actually going on holiday, unlike many families this year, she has a bloody cheek intimating (because presumably that's what she was doing) that all other parents should somehow feel "guilty" that their children might enjoy said party.

cory Fri 10-Jul-09 11:03:22

I feel sorry for the child; this is a dreadful way to approach life, and that's what she'll be learning. sad

Niecie Fri 10-Jul-09 11:09:47

"They had had it mid week so everybody could go" - I think she meant that SHE could go. I bet there were other children who don't do pre-school on the day in question who didn't go to the party because they do something else. But of course their parents didn't kick up a fuss so she didn't know that.

Of course you aren't BU - she is a silly woman who wants the world to revolve around her. Her choice to book the holiday.

Sad for her DD though.

WesternBelle Fri 10-Jul-09 11:17:19

Can't understand people like this.

Why are the most selfish also the most indignant? <ponders>

goes hand in hand with the biggest liars being the most outraged that nobody believes them.

Odd people out there....

yanbu.

2anddone Fri 10-Jul-09 13:07:48

Thats right Niecie. The party is scheduled for a Friday and not all children attend pre-school on that day so we have booked the hall downstairs to allow a higher number of children to attend and got the committee in to make up the ratios so that everyone can go if they want. Some children cant come as are away or have other activities or childcare on that day but those parents have just sent back the slip with sorry can't attend and haven't even mentioned to their dc. We have a policy at the pre-school that we don't go on about any activities as not all children can attend and therefore they don't feel left out for example the supervisors would never say 'see you all at the party tomorrow!' She was moaning to a different set of parents when I picked up ds earlier hmm

Niecie Fri 10-Jul-09 13:17:48

It is a shame somebody doesn't tell her how it is and put her in her place.

But I wouldn't and I suppose nobody else would either - normal people are too polite, aren't they!?

FabBakerGirlIsBack Fri 10-Jul-09 13:20:11

You normally get the term dates well in advance so she must have known when the party would be when she booked her holiday. She is upsetting her daughter just so she can have a winge.

katiestar Fri 10-Jul-09 17:00:37

I suppose she just thought it would be the same this year as last - reasonable assumption.Really can't imagine why anyone would be that bothered about missing poxy end of term pre-school party when they are away on holiday.Nowt so queer as folk !

Carrotfly Fri 10-Jul-09 17:02:48

The DD wont remember it anyway !

screamingabdab Fri 10-Jul-09 17:34:29

Silly Caaaah (not you, OP). Doesn't she know making a fuss in front of her DD makes it more of a big deal?

She may be one of those very anxious people who just sort of "puke out" their worries as a way of getting reassurance

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now