Talk

Advanced search

to be totally excited to be going to my first musical-festival ever , at the grand age of....

(25 Posts)
FairLadyRantALot Thu 09-Jul-09 10:52:47

of 39 !
Have just booked tickets for this rewind festival

Am soooooooo excited
Should be really good

12StoneNeedsToBe10 Thu 09-Jul-09 10:53:42

Unreasonable? Why would you be unreasonable? I'm much a little older than you and I've been to LOADS of gigs in my time, but never a festival envy

FairLadyRantALot Thu 09-Jul-09 11:12:22

grin...am hopping with excitement...hehe I thoght, I am possibly more unreasonable for never ever having been at a concert or festival in my life....
I sound like such a saddo, don't I? lol

HaventSleptForAYear Thu 09-Jul-09 11:14:14

I am VVVVV excited about us going to Larmer tree NEXT WEEK (just realised!).

BUt at the same time v worried in case we hate it and DH hates me for dragging him there with the kids...

HaventSleptForAYear Thu 09-Jul-09 11:14:38

(First-timer so YANBU).

FairLadyRantALot Thu 09-Jul-09 11:19:59

what is larmer?

We wont be taking the Kids, as they probably would hate the music, lol...what with it all being 80's stuff grin...my mum doesn't know yet that she has been volunteered as a babysitter grin

bakerslovecakes Thu 09-Jul-09 11:21:39

I'm so glad i'm not the only one. I'm 34 and have never been to a concert. My dd is 13 and shes already been to some battle of the band gig. I feel slightly embarrassed that i havent been to one like it makes me er..... boring.

FairLadyRantALot Thu 09-Jul-09 11:24:22

awww bakers...

HaventSleptForAYear Thu 09-Jul-09 11:47:07

here

What's on your packing list [nosy]?

FairLadyRantALot Thu 09-Jul-09 12:56:58

oh that looks good they will love it

as for packing list....erm......................
well..we will need a tent....a box of wne and plastic wine glasses....those are currently the prioritised things...grin

FairLadyRantALot Thu 09-Jul-09 12:57:30

wine not wne....obviously...

screamingabdab Thu 09-Jul-09 13:51:01

I have never ever had the desire to go to a festival. In fact you could say, the thought has perviously repulsed me.

Until this year, when we got an old Campervan.

Next year, we will deffo go. Any advice which one's best with DCs (6 and 8) ?

Sorry to Hijack. YANBU

poshtottie Thu 09-Jul-09 14:29:28

I would have loved to have gone to Glastonbury and stayed at campkerala. £7000 for 2 people shock

Camp bestival is sopposed to be good for families.

Fairlady, have a great time! Am very envy

screamingabdab Thu 09-Jul-09 14:31:59

£7000 ??????

ChopsTheDuck Thu 09-Jul-09 14:32:34

That looks like so much fun!

I've never been to a festival and the nearest I am gonna get is the Legoland Festival in a fortnight!!

poshtottie Thu 09-Jul-09 14:41:48

lovely but I would want constant sunshine for that kind of money.

screamingabdab Thu 09-Jul-09 14:45:27

You'd be a bit worried about getting mud on those rugs.

I agree, it's have to be in Kerala for that money.

Give me my slightly smelly Campervan any day hmm

HaventSleptForAYear Thu 09-Jul-09 14:55:39

screaming we'll tell you once we've been if it's any good.

Tell me the forecast for next weekend is good PLEASE (ie 17th July).

Have got my head in the sand about the weather and have not heard anything either way.

Not sure whether we needs wellies or sun hats or both;

Have ordered lots of glo-sticks though. grin

AnathemaDevice Thu 09-Jul-09 15:02:25

I'm jealous, just because this is the first summer since I was 15 that I've not been to a festival.
I wouldn't say you were old for a festival first timer- my mum went to her first festival (Glastonbury) a few years ago at the age of 58.

FairLadyRantALot Thu 09-Jul-09 16:03:02

shock at £7000....that is a bit steap...isn't it

I mean you cna get Glamping option for this...i.e. tent provided, something like £30 per person...so...not that bad...but we got a tent...so...that'll do

really looking forward to some of the acts....like the Christians, and ABC and Rick Astley (blushused to fancy him when I was younger..rofl at the thought of it now, lol)

sweetcat Thu 09-Jul-09 16:19:24

Have a great time grin I just celebrated my 40th by going to Glastonbury for the first time. I had such a fantastic time, I am saving for next year already.

I went to my first festival las tweekend at the grand age of 32 and had a fab time. Enjoy it.

Blackduck Thu 09-Jul-09 16:54:04

I'm older than you and am off to The Big Chill (in a campervan) this year.....can't wait and neither can Ds!!!

majie Mon 13-Jul-09 23:35:21

Off to Camp Bestival end of July...first timers as well, with dc 3 and 7. Going to be a bit of a learning curve no doubt...but we get to see Justin Fletcher, 3yo is going to be in heaven..... Heres hoping for sunshine.

angrypixie Mon 13-Jul-09 23:43:44

I'm doing rewind too, with my 6 year old daughter.

Girlie time for the two of us. Quite nervous (taking dd with me) but v excited.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now