Talk

Advanced search

....to think she should yoga another time

(12 Posts)
blowbroth Thu 09-Jul-09 08:16:12

A friend shares care of her dd with her ex partner and has her every Sunday from about 10am until wednesday when the ex picks her up from school.
She texted today to ask if I could look after her dd on sunday for an hour while she goes to yoga. I have a few things organized for the same time which i can't change so am unable to help but i do think she could arrange to go to yoga when the dd is with the ex. Couldn't she , or AIBU

mollyroger Thu 09-Jul-09 08:17:50

maybe the yoga classes don't run on those days?

I think as a single parent, she needs all the down-time she can wangle, frankly.

gameboy Thu 09-Jul-09 08:22:03

YABU - most yoga courses have to be booked for a whole term, so she would waste 50% of her money if she only went alternate weekends.
Perhaps it's her only 'weekly treat'?

It's only an hour or so.

kalo12 Thu 09-Jul-09 08:28:06

its immaterial whether she goes to yoga on another day or whether you think she IBU.

all you have to decide is whether you are going to babysit or not, consider the consequences, and be happy and feel justified in your decision.

blowbroth Thu 09-Jul-09 08:32:43

Oh dear, I thought so. I am feeling guilty that I can't help her as I can usually help out and do quite a lot. My sister is visiting and staying with our parents and leaving quite early on sunday so it's the only time I will get to see her. I do feel awful having to let my friend down.

PrincessToadstool Thu 09-Jul-09 08:33:07

You sound like a great friend.

PrincessToadstool Thu 09-Jul-09 08:33:51

Sorry. But you can say no without doing it in a way that judges her choice. I am sure you really are a great friend.

ihavenosecrets Thu 09-Jul-09 08:35:30

Don't feel guilty, you don't have to look after her dd if it isn't conveinent and if she misses yoga its not the end of the world.

Longtalljosie Thu 09-Jul-09 08:35:50

Well - there are two things here. YABU to think your friend isn't allowed to do a yoga class when she has her dd - but on the other hand you're quite within your rights not to babysit when you've got something on yourself - so don't worry about it. It's only a yoga class, she'll cope.

katiestar Thu 09-Jul-09 10:44:07

YANBU She has half the week with out her DD.She shouldn't be 'parking' her the rest of the time.

ihavenosecrets Thu 09-Jul-09 10:50:08

Will she expect you to look after her every Sunday? She should have considered childcare before booking the course.

FimbleHobbs Thu 09-Jul-09 10:55:36

That might be when the only yoga class is. Or she might go to another class every week on a non DD day but this week that teacher is on holiday so your friend thought she'd try and go Sunday instead. Or she might be doing it as her GP/whatever has recommended it could help her with XYZ. Or she might be at work when she doesn't have DD.

There could be loads of reasons for it, don't feel bad that you're busy, but also do remember there could be a perfectly valid reason so probably best not to make her feel judged.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now