Talk

Advanced search

to think my neighbour is an unfriendly snob

(14 Posts)
VictorMeldrew Wed 08-Jul-09 16:00:41

We share a garden as we live in flats, i dont go in it very often, only to hang my washing out, i dont bother her much but if i do go into the garden when she is there, i do like to have a little chit chat as i have no family or friends close by and i am sometimes very lonely

Now she wants to put a dividing fence in between us, thsi will make the garden very narrow, she also said she disapproves of me hanging my smalls on the shared washing line, i can tell she doesnt want to make conversation with me, i am very sad as i have never been unpleasant to her

Should i agree to the fence?

sweetfall Wed 08-Jul-09 16:02:26

no

hifi Wed 08-Jul-09 16:03:46

no, she could at least be civil to you.

KingCanuteIAm Wed 08-Jul-09 16:04:05

Bad form sad

Miamla Wed 08-Jul-09 16:04:26

grin

whizzed Wed 08-Jul-09 16:04:29

But Victor, what about your wife and son who live with you? Can't you talk to them instead?

Oh, wait! Have you forgotten to make sure you've got all the info? Tut tut, dear. Off you go and watch Emmerdale.

Ffs. This is pathetic. Very bad form to start a thread about a thread you know.

pagwatch Wed 08-Jul-09 16:04:36

oooh. This is a thread about a thread isn't it.
Thats naughty.

<<pag does cross face thingy>>

VinegarTits Wed 08-Jul-09 16:06:06

<<vinny tits copies Pag and does crossed-eyed face thingy>>

whatmaisieknew Wed 08-Jul-09 16:06:39

Victor maybe your neighbour wants to put the fence up because, and I'm sorry to be the one to say it, your loneliness shines out like a bright beacon and she feels almost as if she's being stalked every time you follow her go ouside to chat... wink

FatFree Wed 08-Jul-09 16:07:40

<<FF just smiles and nods grin>>

hullygully Wed 08-Jul-09 16:08:02

Snog her and break the ice. Tell her you have the blood of a Berlusconi hurtling through your veins and it must out.

tearinghairout Wed 08-Jul-09 16:09:26

she sounds a very uptight,odd person - does she have any preference as to what colour/style smalls you should buy? Agree with her that one half is yours & one half hers, to hang out whatever washing you please!

I would say No to the fence. It's horrible when there is tension beween neighbours but she doesn't sound as if she is a reasonable person. Has she been there longer than you? Thinks she has more of a 'right' to the garden than you? Well, she doesn't! Your say is just as important.

I hope you can meet some more people locally & make some friends - what about through your dch? Invite some dch round to play/for tea & you'll meet other mums.

gerontius Wed 08-Jul-09 16:45:23

rofl at people who haven't seen the other thread

BitOfFun Wed 08-Jul-09 16:51:24

Maybe hint that you will leave your garden to her in your will? She'll be cooking casseroles for you in no time and seem much more friendly.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now