Talk

Advanced search

To feel annoyed every time my friend does this

(22 Posts)
LovingTheRain Wed 08-Jul-09 12:16:10

Maybe IABU to be annoyed by this so feel free to tell me to shutup be quiet!

Every time my friend rings me/ I ring her, when she wants to go, she always says "Right well I really need the loo so I better go".
It really annoys me when she does it as I would rather she just said she had to go/needed to see to her DS etc.
I think the main reason it annoys me is because I know the reason she is getting off the phone is not to go to the loo every time. I don't mind at all that she has to go,I often say I need to go if one of DCs wakes up/someone knocks the door etc. I just wish she'd tell me the truth!

I haven't mentioned anything to her as I don't want to upset her.

AIBU to be annoyed when she does this? Would it really petty if I said it next time she calls? blush

McSnail Wed 08-Jul-09 12:20:13

This may sound weird, but talking on the phone has a laxative effect on me... I'm seriously not making that up.

MsChievous Wed 08-Jul-09 12:20:16

Maybe she has a weak bladder, it might make her blush if you mention something.

I have a friend who always says bye three times, i alwasy laugh after i have hung up.

Maybe next time jokingly tell her you don't want to know about her toilet habits wink

MoonchildNo6 Wed 08-Jul-09 12:22:07

depends how long you're on the phone for. My friend used to talk for hours and I always ended the conversation in the same way because I was desperate for a wee.

Tamarto Wed 08-Jul-09 12:22:10

YABU hmm

Does it really matter? You don't know that she doesn't need to go though.

MsChievous Wed 08-Jul-09 12:24:06

At least she doesn't take you to the loo with her

LovingTheRain Wed 08-Jul-09 12:24:22

I have been at hers for coffee a number of times and someone will ring and she says it to them too (though I don't think she knows I have heard ehr say it to others!! )

She hasn't been to loo afterwards, she's just come and sat back down!

I guess IABU but have PMT and it annoyd me this morning!

Surfermum Wed 08-Jul-09 12:25:06

Maybe she isn't that confident about saying she's had enough of chatting. She might feel she'll offend you and make you feel like she doesn't want to talk to you.

I wouldn't bother raising it with her, just accept that's what she's like.

junglist1 Wed 08-Jul-09 12:26:08

YANBU, I'd be thinking she just didn't want to talk to me (I'm paranoid though!). What I hate is one friend who calls when she wants something, but has a long convo first acting all interested in what I have to say, then she goes for the jugular. It's so fake.

LovingTheRain Wed 08-Jul-09 12:26:13

annoyed**

LovingTheRain Wed 08-Jul-09 12:27:44

junglist1 - One of my friend's does that too. I usually tell her I am busy as she always rings to ask me to have her four children. I have four of my own and 8 is too many with such a varied age range!!

fircone Wed 08-Jul-09 12:31:43

YABU

She's just trying to say politely that she's had enough/got something else to do.

Times are I've had to say "Oh, someone's coming to the door - I'll have to go" when they aren't at all.

cyteen Wed 08-Jul-09 12:34:23

I just had to check your profile to see if I knew you blush

And for the record, I'm another one who really does need the loo if I'm on the phone longer than half an hour (curse my small bladder).

anniemac Wed 08-Jul-09 12:49:50

Message withdrawn

MamaLazarou Wed 08-Jul-09 12:53:16

YAB a bit U sweetheart. It's just a daft little habit she has. No harm done to anyone.

bumptwitknocker Wed 08-Jul-09 13:22:29

You'd rather she said that than "I'm bored of being on the phone to you know, because you don't talk about anything interesting and I'd rather do something else".

nappyaddict Wed 08-Jul-09 13:50:06

I always say to my mum "Batteries about to die gotta go" blush

fizzpops Wed 08-Jul-09 13:51:31

Libraries always make me need the loo.

nappyaddict Wed 08-Jul-09 13:52:54

Doctors for me

RenagadeMum Wed 08-Jul-09 13:55:26

Just laughingly point it out next time. My friend did this to me as I always stopped our calls with 'Must go, suppers ready'.

The only thing was, it was always true as we used to speak at about 7.30-8.30 at night.

Now I just say, 'gotta go, I need to watch TV'

sweetnitanitro Wed 08-Jul-09 14:01:42

Ask her if she's taking the piss.

I'm sorry <gets coat>

onthepier Wed 08-Jul-09 14:21:10

My ds, aged 7, just says "I've talked for long enough now, bye!"blush We're training him to say "I need to go now!"

LOVINGTHERAIN, your friend prob doesn't feel confident in ending a telephone conversation but doesn't realise she uses the same excuse all the time! I tend to vary mine for this reason, "Internet shop just arrived/someone's knocked on the door/need to do an early school pick-up today", etc!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now