Talk

Advanced search

To Want A Nose Job

(7 Posts)
imanidiot Wed 08-Jul-09 12:09:50

I hate my nose. I always have.

My life is crappy at the mo, recently single mum, feel rubbish, exercising, doing all that, but just hate my nose.

My x tells me I'm being silly and it's not big nor unattractive but I hate it. I want to cry. I just hate my face.

I know I'm not unattractive but I feel it. I'd love a perfect straight nose, but it's not, it's horrible. How pathetic I'm crying now because of it.

AIBU?

I haven't got the money to get one and it's pathetic to be hung up on looks, and probably vain. But no confidence at all.

imanidiot Wed 08-Jul-09 12:16:42

I think I am being a bit pathetic. But I'm still upset. Ridiculous <<kicks self up backside>>

bubblagirl Wed 08-Jul-09 12:19:23

just make sure it is your nose your unhappy with and not what your pinning your unhappiness on as you could get your nose done and feel no happier at all as it wasn't soul root of your problem

i hated my boobs thought id be happier etc but have actually learnt to love my body now i am who i am and people like me for that

if id had my boobs done i would ahve found something else to be unhappy with as that wasn't the real problem it was my outlook on myself being judgemental etc

maybe seek some counselling get to root of problem get your life on happier track and if still want it done go for it but getting nose done and expecting it to make rest of life feel happier it wont work as there's probably more to it

dont be so hard on yourself your nbu but you are being hard on yourself

MoonchildNo6 Wed 08-Jul-09 12:31:28

I wouldn't know where to start with the plastic surgery on me!

bubblagirl is right, it's more about self esteem and the fact you think life is crap. You are focussing on something you CAN change (if you had the money)when its probably the stuff you can't change giving you the problems.

I bet no-one else thinks your nose is horrible.

2rebecca Wed 08-Jul-09 12:56:34

Your nose sounds like the focus for your misery not the cause of it. Concentrate on sorting the rest of your life out and see if you still dislike your nose that much when you're happy again.

MamaLazarou Wed 08-Jul-09 13:00:30

YANBU darling. Have you tried self-hypnosis? It worked wonders for my confidence, and I have a nose like Worzel Gummidge's. grin

TheProfiteroleThief Wed 08-Jul-09 13:05:46

YANBU
The nose is considered the focal point of the face and if it is out of balance, it alters the perception of the whole face

also feeling better about appearance can give a real psychological lift

YABU
After a big life change, it is not always a good time to make a decision about a medical procedure requiring a GA, plus maybe not a good time for a big spend

However, fwiw, i longed for a nose job for a long time until realising it actualy quite suited me. It is not dinky dainty nose, but actually is in proportion to my face.

My friend recently had a long awaited secret nose job, and I didn't notice - obviously what was important to her was unnoticeable to others!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now