Talk

Advanced search

to want to BUY something from the o2 shop...

(14 Posts)
LollipopViolet Wed 08-Jul-09 10:15:05

At the age of 19, earning my own money, knowing I have plenty in my account to buy a shiny new iPhone 3G, but the stupid o2 shop keeps saying "call telesales, cannot process your order". My mum has tried it with her details but my card, same thing happening.

So now, instead of my planned gym session tomorrow, I've got to go into town with my mum and buy the phone from the shop.

Mum thinks it's because I'm 19, but my (albeit visually impaired) eyes cannot find a single thing on the website to say you must be over 21 or something. I don't want a contract either, I want payg.

*Must not go into shop all guns blazing, must remember I deal with customers when our website doesn't work, must remember that we give them the online price on the phone in some cases. Must remember shop assistant is human*

And breathe.

LollipopViolet Wed 08-Jul-09 10:15:36

This is online btw, realise the title may be confusing.

ABitBatty Wed 08-Jul-09 10:18:36

Is it because you have an Electron card? They don't take them.

Rindercella Wed 08-Jul-09 10:19:37

Annoying, but their system is probably down or something. Weirdly, I know quite quite a lot about O2's website and what goes on in the background. It is really quite complex and if one small part is down, it can screw up the whole thing.

I wouldn't take it personally smile. Why don't you try again a bit later?

Fimbo Wed 08-Jul-09 10:19:39

I couldn't get mine online either. Dh had to go to the shop for me. We had to give them a £150 deposit, which we will get refunded. The phone is brilliant but it was loads of hassle to get it.

LoveBeingAMummy Wed 08-Jul-09 10:20:00

Have you called them?

LollipopViolet Wed 08-Jul-09 10:25:58

No, haven't called because although I work on the phones, I'm a much better customer face to face. My card is a full debit card, so shouldn't be an issue. Tried to get the thing as an upgrade because I'm on o2 Simplicity, and it wouldn't let me without going onto a bigger tariff.

I tried yesterday too, wouldn't even let me put my card details in until my mum used her details, so maybe it is an age thing, in which case, boo to o2 for not stating that as the reason.

lobsters Wed 08-Jul-09 10:31:30

Have you tried buying it on the Apple website if you want PAYG? I got mine that way, and you get a years free internet

LollipopViolet Wed 08-Jul-09 10:40:04

Oooh, but what's the difference in cost?

LollipopViolet Wed 08-Jul-09 10:58:55

OK, checked the Apple store, exact same price as o2, and guess what? Order is now placed. Was easy peasy, had no problems whatsoever.

Get yer act together o2!

Fimbo Wed 08-Jul-09 11:05:44

Bah wish I had thought of that! Glad you got it LV! grin

LoveBeingAMummy Wed 08-Jul-09 11:19:46

Didn't know you could get it PAYG .....wonders off to have a look

Mawgan Wed 08-Jul-09 13:08:27

Just tried to buy an iphone from O2 (store) and told that I don't have enough credit history in my married name, but as I no longer have any id in my maiden name then I can't have one. DH tried to do it for me and told that he also needs to bring extra id - passport, despite having had his name for 28 years! And we own a house so god knows what their problem is. Glad you went direct through Apple though and got it sorted, I might do that too although my DS threw my phone so hard this morning that it broke completely so need a new one now!!

LollipopViolet Wed 08-Jul-09 13:11:17

The Apple store are charging exactly the same as o2, with free delivery, should get mine on 13-14th of this month.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now