Talk

Advanced search

Asking to be induced

(7 Posts)
dannismells Wed 08-Jul-09 08:58:42

Hi Ladies,

I am 36+1 and my waters broke at 32+1 i also suffer from SPD which is really painful, my uterus has become irritable from my waters breaking so im constantly in pain everytime my baby moves im in agony, i cant go out on my own as i can hardly walk, im starting to get really depressed.

Do you think im wrong to ask to be induced between 37 and 38 weeks ?????

fishie Wed 08-Jul-09 09:20:11

what does your mw say? i had induction for premature broken waters - but at term - which ended in a cs.

apparently induction hurts a lot more once waters have gone.

IneedacleanerIamalazyslattern Wed 08-Jul-09 09:44:33

exMIL had both her babies after Premature rupture one was induced the other was left to go herself and she would tell you to wait until it happens for you. She was extremely uncomfortable but she says it was nothing compared to the induction as one the start they cannot stop there is no gradual build up they just go for it to get the baby out. "nd time she went herself and had time to get used to the pains before she went into full labour.

I have had debilitating SPD twice which has threatened me with early hospitalisation (midwife kept catching me doing things i wasn't supposed to) and that in itself is bad enough so you have my sympathy you really do.

IneedacleanerIamalazyslattern Wed 08-Jul-09 09:44:37

exMIL had both her babies after Premature rupture one was induced the other was left to go herself and she would tell you to wait until it happens for you. She was extremely uncomfortable but she says it was nothing compared to the induction as one the start they cannot stop there is no gradual build up they just go for it to get the baby out. "nd time she went herself and had time to get used to the pains before she went into full labour.

I have had debilitating SPD twice which has threatened me with early hospitalisation (midwife kept catching me doing things i wasn't supposed to) and that in itself is bad enough so you have my sympathy you really do.

Firawla Wed 08-Jul-09 11:01:55

You need to talk to midwife/doctor and go with their advice really
if your waters have broken it does sound like a good idea on that basis because aren't you more susceptible to infection?
but the doctors will know best, so if they tell you it wont be safe or good for ur baby and you still want it then yabu but if they say its fine and safe to do then yanbu

Owlingate Wed 08-Jul-09 11:09:50

God I would ask to be induced at 37 weeks. My waters went at 35 weeks and I was told the policy was to induce within 24 hours if waters went after 34 weeks due to risk of infection. Can't see why the hospital would want to wait - the longer its in there the greater the risk of infection I was told, even on prophylactic antibiotics.

Giving birth with no waters is as painful whether induced or not (have done both) and, if you want, you can have a nice calm planned epidural to go in at the same time they start the drip - I did this first time round and gave birth within 6 hrs not much pain and with no forceps or any of that business (I'm told all that sort of stuff is v bad for you poor SPD sufferers.

Good luck. BTW DS had no breathing probs at all.

MoonchildNo6 Wed 08-Jul-09 14:47:21

YANBU I thought you had to be induced within 24-48 hours after waters broke if you don't naturally go into labour due to risk of infection?

I assume that if your waters have broken you would be induced with a drip rather than gel on the cervix so go for it! If its gel on the cervix avoid at all costs - it hurts like you wouldn't believe.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now