Talk

Advanced search

but maybe the Spanish Inquisition might have been on to a good thing...

(54 Posts)
tattifer Tue 07-Jul-09 21:33:04

...there are some women out there for whom I'm sure burning at the stake (or whatever the 21st century environmentally friendly version would be) would be the kindest thing - for them and the people who ever have to have any dealings with them.

The embittered spinster who loves being the stalwart supporter of good causes, who knows that she is the only one one in the street who knows what's best, for everyone else!

And probably has her hair cut in a strict practical protestant bob angry

roneef Tue 07-Jul-09 21:50:09

???

I don't understand.

screamingabdab Tue 07-Jul-09 21:52:03

What's wrong with bobs ?

MaryMotherOfCheeses Tue 07-Jul-09 21:52:50

Someone wound you up then?

StewieGriffinsMom Tue 07-Jul-09 21:52:52

Message withdrawn

hester Tue 07-Jul-09 21:54:12

I'm sure there's a good reason for your anger, but you're not making sense. What has happened? And can you discuss it without being offensive to spinsters, or indeed to Jews who were the main victims of the Inquisition?

screamingabdab Tue 07-Jul-09 21:54:23

I think she's a bit peeved about something

screamingabdab Tue 07-Jul-09 21:55:33

hester I did not know that.

I also recoiled a bit at the term "spinster"

TrillianAstra Tue 07-Jul-09 21:56:11

I thot you were going to say that surprise is your greatest weapon! grin

tattifer Tue 07-Jul-09 21:57:45

i have had a polite unexpected broadside attack from one of this sub clan of females and while normally I'm happy to discuss/debate/see the other persons point of view (even change my own if their argument is convincing enough or I secretly knew I was wrong all along) but on this occasion even my best attempts at amelioration were met with a wall of insatiable bitterness that I can only put down to well, bitterness.

Granny Weatherwax with less of the wisdom and none of the sense of humour.

What to do? Where to go from there? Burn at the stake perhaps? Or see if she floats... hmm

MadameDefarge Tue 07-Jul-09 21:59:07

Need more info. No AIBU by dripfeed, please!

tattifer Tue 07-Jul-09 22:00:02

Also, have nothing against bobs per se.

And I was thinking about the witches, perhaps they were pre-inquisition..?

screamingabdab Tue 07-Jul-09 22:02:35

tattifer has apparently had a barney with Mary Quant about some burnt steak

(or something .......)

CyradisTheSeer Tue 07-Jul-09 22:03:52

Message withdrawn

wilderduck Tue 07-Jul-09 22:04:58

Ah, no one expects the Spanish Inquisition my Welsh wonder wink Do you live in a remote village surrounded by sheep and rumour? How did it start? When will it end?

screamingabdab Tue 07-Jul-09 22:05:30

Harsh,Cyradis.

We don't know what she's done yet !

HerBeatitudeLittleBella Tue 07-Jul-09 22:07:43

I never knew bobs were protestant...

tattifer Tue 07-Jul-09 22:07:45

No, madameDF, I don't like the dripfeed either, just carecully considering how to progress without being unnecessarily nasty to real life person. Perhaps anonymous nasty is just as bad, this all stems from a work situation and I wouldn't look good if I was found to be considering capital punishment for one of the good citizens I deal with sad

Er, imagine you had a strong opinion on how an official did something, but all the other customers in the bank loved them and their colleagues did the same thing and agreed with it. And it wasn't a wrong thing, you're just feeling argumentative and want to blast at them. Your blasting gets the way they do that thing changed to your satisfaction, but no one elses. Can I burn you at the stake. Have you been unreasonable.

PS you don't even bank with them

pps the bank is not real

ppps I dont work in a bank it's just the closest situation I could come up with.

tattifer Tue 07-Jul-09 22:08:35

Cradis - I'm lovong you already grin

tattifer Tue 07-Jul-09 22:09:11

sorry, Cyradis blush

TrillianAstra Tue 07-Jul-09 22:10:33

If she weighs the same as a duck we can burn her!

tattifer Tue 07-Jul-09 22:12:01

Small pieces in the top of the aga?

cory Tue 07-Jul-09 22:12:12

are you under the impression that the Spanish inquisition were into witch burning?

wilderduck Tue 07-Jul-09 22:12:28

Excuse me! Burnt duck indeed.

screamingabdab Tue 07-Jul-09 22:13:42

Are "you" you, or is "you" her ?

As I read it, "And it wasn't a wrong thing, you're just feeling argumentative .." puts the blame firmly at your (your) door.

Have you got PMT ?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now