Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

to contemplate banning DS imaginary friend from the house???

(9 Posts)
SolidGoldBrass Tue 07-Jul-09 20:54:57

Because she is being really naughty tonight! DS has had his imaginary friend for two years, lately she has been the one who gets blamed for naughtiness, and tonight she is 'teasing' him and tickling him.... I am tempted to go and 'tell' her she's not allowed to play here any more, but would that traumatize DS?
(Please note, I am fully aware that the imaginary friend is just that so any woo-bollocks suggestions will be greeted with a swift kick in the fanjo)

cjones2979 Tue 07-Jul-09 21:15:41

YANBU - If DS's imaginary friend is causing trouble, you have every right to ban her from the house !!
If you think this might traumatize DS, then threaten it instead. Say something like
"If ^(imaginary friend)^ keeps doing these naughty things she will not be allowed to play here anymore, and I know that will upset you, so please ask her to be good in future".
Hopefully, it may help. Let me know how you go.

Good luck

ADealingMummy Tue 07-Jul-09 21:20:27

Your post made me laugh ,''woobollocks''.

Sorry , can't help , my DD is 2 and a bit. She is naughty though.

Good luck

ottersRus Tue 07-Jul-09 22:32:34

I have often told the imaginary friends off or told them to leave eg whilst we have dinner as they can be very disruptive at mealtimes.
Unfortunatley they refuse to go.
And apparently there is nothing ds can do to make them go. hmm

cjones2979 Tue 07-Jul-09 22:33:50

Haha !! Why do our kids always have one up on us ??!!!

screamingabdab Tue 07-Jul-09 22:45:17

Yes, definitely threaten the imaginary friend, as cjones says.

My brother had an imaginary friend called Bingo.

I was apparently not imaginative enough to have an imaginary friend

bumpybecky Wed 08-Jul-09 11:17:39

YANBU.

DD1's imaginary friend Charlie was very, very naughty and he made dd1 do naughty things too. Charlie went to live at Grandma's house. Grandma came and took him one day and that was that dd1 got to visit occasionally (MIL only 5 mins away) but Charlie is not allowed back in my house.

dd1 is now 11 and doens't seem to have suffered any ill effects

maryz Thu 09-Jul-09 00:03:57

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

EdwardBitMe Thu 09-Jul-09 00:09:32

My little brother had a IF called Dudah. He lived in my brothers nappy draw. I can remember him getting into allsorts of troubles, until the day it was announced that Dudah had been run over by a Tonka truck and was dead. sad

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now