Talk

Advanced search

to expect a garment designed for nursing mothers to be washable

(6 Posts)
leftangle Tue 07-Jul-09 11:59:40

Bought a lovely nightdress with built in nursing bra yesterday, cost a lot more than I'd usually spend but I really liked it and I'm fed up of sleeping in my bra.
So I wore it to bed last night, I was very happy to look nice for a change. All went well until when changing dd at 7am we had a projectile poo episode, and I ended up covered in the stuff. Sods law working well!. So when I'd finished cleaning dd I started to wash soak my beautiful new nightdress and then read the wash label and saw it said handwash in cold water. I wouldn't have bought it if I'd realised but it is a perfectly normal fabric and I never thought to check.
So am I being unreasonalbe to be annoyed about this - as well as upset in general with my bad luck. On the positive side I think I've got the poo out with my bar of vanish but it's bound to happen again and even for normal washing I'd want to use the machine.

OldLadyKnowsNothing Tue 07-Jul-09 12:03:31

YANBU, but I'd have checked first. (I refuse to buy hand-wash/dry clean only). Does your washing machine have a hand-wash cycle?

If it's cotton you can probably machinewash anyway, often they're covering their arses in case of bad workmanship in stitching the garment. I have chenille rugs I bought for the bedroom but which are now used in a bathroom - they're "dry clean only" shock but have been washed and tumble-dried many times without ill effect.

Firawla Tue 07-Jul-09 12:04:22

I would try it in the machine anyway and hope for the best

ruddynorah Tue 07-Jul-09 12:06:24

what's it made of? i'd just machine wash it anyway on the coolest cycle.

CMOTdibbler Tue 07-Jul-09 12:06:43

Aren't all bras marked as handwash only ? All mine are, and they only ever go through the machine

OldLadyKnowsNothing Tue 07-Jul-09 13:10:11

Bras are usually handwash because underwiring often comes loose and buggers up the machine. shock Put them inside a pillowcase and tie it up before washing in the machine. wink

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now