Talk

Advanced search

To think my neighbour is a bit weird for putting his bins out at 4.21 am?

(18 Posts)
suwoo Tue 07-Jul-09 11:11:55

Ah, I hear you ask...Is he a shift worker?

No he isn't- he goes to work at a normal time and is in fact off today and pottering around his garden.

To make it even weirder, it was pissing it down at that time and our bin men don't come until after 9 usually.

It is recycling day, so that was 3 wheelie bins that he put out. I couldn't get back to sleep after that angry

So, weird or not?

bigchris Tue 07-Jul-09 11:13:44

it's the sort of thing my dh does

he falls asleep on the sofa at 9pm, wakes up at 4am and thinks 'shit I haven't put the bin out'

ours are emptied btw 6am and 7am though

LovelyRitaMeterMaid Tue 07-Jul-09 11:13:47

That is odd. Maybe he couldn't sleep.

RealityIsMyOnlyDelusion Tue 07-Jul-09 11:13:50

Message withdrawn

insertwittynicknameHERE Tue 07-Jul-09 11:13:53

Bit odd, but maybe he couldn't sleep and just decided to put them out so that he wouldn't have to later.

Pinkjenny Tue 07-Jul-09 11:14:29

I was greeted by my neighbour putting his out this morning in a dashing pair of boxer shorts. Think mid 50s, not exactly George Clooney.

And it was 8.05am. Put your trousers on, man!!

Pyrocanthus Tue 07-Jul-09 11:14:44

Insomniac, perhaps, but very inconsiderate.

suwoo Tue 07-Jul-09 11:16:32

Yeah, but don't normal people put them out the night before or do I just have no life and a bin obsessed toddler grin.

Mumsnut Tue 07-Jul-09 11:17:14

Possibly there was something he had to sneak into it When No-one Was Looking (inside or out)?

MissSunny Tue 07-Jul-09 11:17:24

Message withdrawn

suwoo Tue 07-Jul-09 11:23:12

I still think its odd.....I mean 4.21???

Maybe he is an insomniac. I am a lazy fat pregnant sloth, so can't comprehend going out in torrential rain to put my bins out in the dark.

Pyrocanthus Tue 07-Jul-09 11:23:30

Inconsiderate because the OP said she couldn't get back to sleep afterwards, so I'm assuming the noise woke her up. I don't think not planning to wake her up makes it less inconsiderate.

suwoo Tue 07-Jul-09 11:24:44

Thanks Pyro grin. 3 wheelie bins being wheeld up a drive and into the road is fairly noisy in the early hours.

charleymouse Tue 07-Jul-09 11:36:09

Not as weird as FIl who lives next door to us. Bins are emptied on Wednesday between 08:00 and 09:00 usually.

Rubbish is usually bagged and out by 09:00 on Tuesday hmm. He sometimes knocks on our door on Tuesday around 08:00-08:30 to check if we have any rubbish to put out.

I tried to put rubbish in the bin this morning and all the black bags were sealed up ready for putting on the edge of the road. Don't even get me started on why we can only have 2 black bags per house and they have to be sealed and outside rather than putting the bladry wheely bin out. Tis complete madness. I think he may actually be getting a little bit senile bless him.

When I asked him about this it is so he doesn't forget on actual bin day or realise after tea (when getting ready for bed) that he has not put the rubbish out.

So yes Suewoo he is weird but be grateful you don't have festering rubbish outside your house cooking for 24 hours.

suwoo Tue 07-Jul-09 11:40:52

Do you think that dustbins brings out the weirdness in people? grin

MissSunny Tue 07-Jul-09 11:46:41

Message withdrawn

Walkingwiththighosaurs Tue 07-Jul-09 11:49:50

I must admit my bins are ready and out and they don't come until tomorrow morning, but I needed to get to the garden bin, to empty the rabbits shit tray bedding, and it is the third in line so as I dragged the other two out I thought I may as well carry on to the end of the drive. Having read this thread now I realise my neighbours must think I am senile. My DP has often got up in the night after waking and remembering he had not put the bins out. They used to come really early and I have known him have to race down and get them down to the bottom of the drive before the bin lorry gets round the corner, all in fetching beige towelling robe. grin

charleymouse Tue 07-Jul-09 12:16:55

deffo brings out the weirdos Suwoo.

Can see the reasons for that MissSunny but further down the road people put their wheelie bins out, it is just our row of houses that bag up and put rubbish out, I just don't get it.

Walkingwith, deffo a little bit senile although it did make sense in your case. grin

"The system of collection in Sheffield is kerbside. As such you may place your bin(s) at the kerbside after 6pm on the day before the scheduled collection and remove the bin by no later than 9am on the day after the scheduled collection has occurred.

We will provide help (Assisted Collections) for households that are unable to take their bin to the kerbside because of disability or ill health.

We may issue Section 46 notices under the Environmental Protection Act 1990 directing householders on how to manage their bins, including removing them from the footpath after emptying. Fixed Penalty notices may be used to ensure these standards are met"

I just found this on the LA website so I should get my bin in by 09:00 and it shouldn't be out until after after 18:00 hours the night prior to collection. Nowhere does it say you have to bag up all your stinky rubbish and have it on the road for 24 hours.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now