Talk

Advanced search

birthday theme tune to Cbeebies is fabulous

(8 Posts)
babybarrister Tue 07-Jul-09 08:27:41

please do shout me down if this has been done before but I love the birthday theme tune and would like it to be remixed and given new lyrics .... is it just me?!

Tambajam Tue 07-Jul-09 08:33:59

If you like it, why do you want it remixed and given new lyrics?

fishie Tue 07-Jul-09 08:35:54

i have never understood why sometimes they show the grown up and sometimes not. as in the bit where it goes '5, 6, 7 or maybe more'

KingRolo Tue 07-Jul-09 08:39:42

LOL Tambajam.

babybarrister Tue 07-Jul-09 08:45:42

want new lyrics so it can be released into mainstream and I can dance to it without shame

Tambajam Tue 07-Jul-09 15:11:37

I see. I have also noticed the adult disappearing and appearing. I think someone said, 'ewww, no. He looks like a paedophile' so another version was recorded. And occasionally a different producer says,'don't be ridiculous' and pulls out the old one.
My dilemma when singing along is what to do after the 'have a happy day today' and before the 'everybody here...'. I end up doing an instrumental 'tshush tshush tshush tshush' but it is unsatisfactory.

MadameDefarge Tue 07-Jul-09 15:13:51

I remember when they first started doing it, back in 2000, and it was like a funeral dirge! really not good. Then they speeded it up, much better!

hazeyjane Tue 07-Jul-09 15:23:57

I like it, but find it a little embarrassing when dd's sing it instead of traditional 'Happy Birthday to you...' at birthday parties - not that they watch too much TV or anythingsmile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now