Talk

Advanced search

I know I am, I just need you to confirm it

(10 Posts)
emkana Mon 06-Jul-09 22:53:41

dh has been made redundant - last Thursday

I want to spend all my time nagging asking him how the job hunt is progressing, if he has phoned x, written to y and whether his cv is up to date.

But I should just shut up shouldn't I?

differentID Mon 06-Jul-09 22:54:53

give him another week and then ask is there any way you can help his job hunting!

How much is he annoying you?

ReneRusso Mon 06-Jul-09 22:56:17

Hmmm, yes probably need to be a bit sensitive. Maybe you could offer to redo his cv for him?

dreamteamgirl Mon 06-Jul-09 22:57:41

So hard. If he was 6 weeks redundant and not doing those things then yes moan, but maybe just give him a chance for his feet to touch the ground?

tigana Mon 06-Jul-09 22:58:48

suspect key word for your mantra is supportive...
as opposed to giving impression you don't think he is trying hard enough/doing it properly.
Are you being driven by anxiety?
How has he taken it (really - not bluff exterior)

Rindercella Mon 06-Jul-09 23:05:56

Yep, YABVU, but you know you are smile

Prior to actually being made redundant I am sure your DH has been through all sorts of shite at work and he probably just needs a week or two to catch his breath. What he needs now is your support to see him (and you, plural) through this time.

If you start as you mean to go on, by harrassing him, breathing down his neck - has he done this, has he done that - then doubtless he will become more stressed during the job search/interview process, which is already going to be difficult & stressful enough as it is.

Keep calm, support him, find ways to help him. Please try not to hound him <at least not until he is 6 months out of work & failing to get out of bed each morning>. I wish him the best of luck smile

emkana Mon 06-Jul-09 23:09:38

you're right, I know you're right

He's taken it very well, is maybe a bit too relaxed for my liking

JesuslovesCatholicSchools Mon 06-Jul-09 23:12:03

dh was at the end of his contract 3 years ago and i went around singing this gwen

MintChocAddict Mon 06-Jul-09 23:17:18

What Rindercella said. She is very wise.

Been in this situation with DH and I work in the employment sector so found it very difficult to take a step back. Necessary for you to do so though as he needs to find his own way.

Good luck to you and your DH.

ChicPea Tue 04-Aug-09 21:45:12

emkana how are you? I haven't been on here for ages and ages as now have 4 children and still work pt. Remember what you went through in 2004 and wonder how everything went and how your family is?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now