Talk

Advanced search

To think that if you give your DC a McDonalds...

(74 Posts)
Pondliife Mon 06-Jul-09 22:31:10

You may as well go the whole hog and let them have a fruitshoot with it too?

AIBU?

booyhoo Mon 06-Jul-09 22:32:34

ock fgs

milkycuntalinasgone Mon 06-Jul-09 22:33:09

Yes yabu. I've nothing against the odd burger etc from Maccies, but my dd goes NUTS on anything sweetened etc.

rasputin Mon 06-Jul-09 22:33:32

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

FAQinglovely Mon 06-Jul-09 22:33:53

oh hell yes of course - DS's always have a fruitshoot with their McD grin

monkeyfacegrace Mon 06-Jul-09 22:37:05

whats wrong with a fruitshoot? Am I missing something?!

rookiemater Mon 06-Jul-09 22:38:42

What's your point OP ? We take DS to Macdonalds very very occasionally and tbh I can't quite see what the difference is between him eating chicken nuggets and chips there, than at our local restaurant.

He does however like fruit juice so he gets that or water rather than the Fruitshoot.

I'm not getting the point of this thread tbh.

BoysAreLikeDawgs Mon 06-Jul-09 22:39:04

What is ock booyhoo?

grin

borinbugger Mon 06-Jul-09 22:39:45

well i always order them tropicana cos its a bit healthier then least i feel ive done good mum bit
fruit shoot no way on earth they go loopy
then im not a good mum cos i have to tie them up and put them in the boot shock

foxyiscuttingALLherhairoff Mon 06-Jul-09 22:43:16

fruit shoots = water, food colouring, artificial sweeteners, artificial flavours and pictures of fruits on the label.

EdwardBitMe Mon 06-Jul-09 22:43:35

Why not just give them a nice greggs sausage roll instead of a MD's?!

FlappyTheBat Mon 06-Jul-09 22:45:16

if you don't want to feed you dc's mc'ds, then don't.

aibu to be getting ever so fed up of threads which are indirectly accusing parents of poor parenting skills because their children eat mcd's?

JesuslovesCatholicSchools Mon 06-Jul-09 22:47:04

fruit shoots is just to far. why waste the money whenthey can lick free ketchup?

serenity Mon 06-Jul-09 22:47:32

Mine don't react to Fruit Shoots (I think they're foul personally, a lot stronger than they'd drink at home - oh crap, shoot me now, we have squash) so yes, they have them. Can't be any worse than the Coke I drink when we have one. I really can't be bothered to get wound up over something they have maybe once every two months or so.

Pondliife Mon 06-Jul-09 22:48:46

Hmm, this was meant to ba a joke thread.

I feed DS the occasional MD but only give him a FS if they don't have the tropicana, And I always wonder why (and always think of MN whilst i'm doing itwink)

SerendipitousHarlot Mon 06-Jul-09 22:50:48

JesuslovesCatholicSchools grin

monkeyfacegrace Mon 06-Jul-09 22:50:56

*looks horrified because my daughter drinks, albeit very weak, squash daily and didnt realise this was a no no*

Northernlurker Mon 06-Jul-09 22:51:58

Flappy - trouble is there are some mothers out there who really do think they are doing a better job because their children have never set foot in a McDonalds. There was a thread on here once from some woman who was on the verge of giving her excellent nanny notice over 1 visit to Macdonalds....

LaurieFairyCake Mon 06-Jul-09 22:53:33

"Fruit Shoot 100% is 100% pure juice with no artificial colours, flavours, sweeteners or preservatives. It is one of their recommended '5 portions of fruit and veg a day' making it perfect for lunch boxes."

From their website. People go too far, it's only fruit juice (which should be watered down for younger children).

It's NOT the same as Coke. Tis fruit juice with no artificial sweeteners.

SerendipitousHarlot Mon 06-Jul-09 22:53:52

monkeyfacegrace take no notice! Do what you like!

FlappyTheBat Mon 06-Jul-09 22:54:41

have just started an aibu on this very subject grin

chisigirl Mon 06-Jul-09 23:00:28

MacDonalds - yum. no problem there as long as in moderation.

Fruitshoots - full of aspartame. bleurgh. horrible things.

If you're after a nice, junky beverage to go with a Happy Meal, it's got to be a serving of MacDonalds still orange. grin

serin Mon 06-Jul-09 23:47:51

The posh picnic lunch at Sandringham is a sandwich, crisps, chocolate and a bloody frootshoot for £16 (for 2). For as crap as McD's is it has got to be better value than this!!

SomeGuy Tue 07-Jul-09 00:13:54

Fruitshoots taste disgusting and there is no excuse for them ever. Might as well just give them Fanta.

McDonalds OTOH taste quite nice and can form part of a balanced diet.

SomeGuy Tue 07-Jul-09 00:15:22

By that I mean my ds (7) is allowed a sip of Fanta occasionally, it's no better/worse than Fruitshoot, but at least it doesn't taste unutterably foul.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now