Talk

Advanced search

to think i am the sluttiest most forgetful house seller ever?

(9 Posts)
MrsPickles Mon 06-Jul-09 00:31:32

So, house is on the market, am massively fed up with viewings every weekend for the last 8 weeks or so. You would however think, in this difficult market, I would make every possible effort to sell it.

This Saturday went out in the morning, DD aged 2 was being really whingey so went straight out after breakfast to the swimming pool.

Get home at 2pm, and immediately we pull up outside I suddenly realise with horror that the agent was due to do a viewing at 1pm and I have completely forgotton (had said we wld be out and had agent had keys).

About the only good side was bed made and no dirty knickers on the floor. I can hardly bear to type the full horror. Dirty breakfast dishes, DD's porridge flung on the kitchen floor, toys strewn in the lounge, curtains still drawn. DD had wet the bed in the morning and her pissy mattress was drying outside the front door (we don't have a back garden!) and her room smelt of wee. The worst was my bikini line preparations for my swimming costume outing that morning were errm, very evident around the sides of the bath.

Arrrrgh! The hilarious thing is the agent assures me one woman (they did 2 viewings in the end!!) loved the house and wants to come back for a second viewing!

MyDHhasnomemory Mon 06-Jul-09 00:33:15

ha ha! It can't have been that bad then! I feel your pain but that has cheered me up no end grin

MrsPickles Mon 06-Jul-09 00:48:34

Glad it cheered you up! Just seen your thread, happy birthday and if it makes you feel any better my DH forgets my birthday virtually every year and I have just asked him what date it is and he got it wrong. One year he bought me a toothbrush as a present.

MyDHhasnomemory Mon 06-Jul-09 01:03:30

Lol bloody men! My friend offered to take out a contract on him which made me laugh.
He went out and bought stuff from the only open shops so I got chocs, flowers and 2 books. A toothbrush is pretty bad, he was really clutching at straws there. I hope it was an electric one at least wink

MrsPickles Mon 06-Jul-09 01:07:44

It was an electric one, he also thought it was great as he had got one for himself in a BOGOF deal at Tescos. It came wrapped in a tesco plastic bag hmm. To be fair, I believe there was also a box of choccies in there. They jsut don't get it do they! I have low expectations now (i.e. nothing).

MyDHhasnomemory Mon 06-Jul-09 01:15:48

ROFL! Well, I had low expectations too. I didn't realise I should have had NO expectations though.... Next year though he will get daily reminders. Or I shall buy my own gift and bill him grin

MrsPickles Mon 06-Jul-09 01:29:15

No expectation is the way forward! I've stopped berating DH now as he is to this day still genuinely bemused and hurt as to why I did not appreciate the electric-toothbrush-in-a-plastic-bag efforts he'd gone to.

I don't feel so bad now for blaming him for "shaving in the bath and not clearing up afterwards" when ringing the estate agents to say how mortified I was.

minouminou Mon 06-Jul-09 12:36:44

Ha hahhhh!
Our flat's going on the market this week, and I shall remember your tale!
Lovin' the mattress! Just goes to show.....if someone wants your place, they want it.
You could market the "Eau de Pissybed" as an aid to vendors instead of baked bread and coffee.

littlestarschildminding Mon 06-Jul-09 18:58:21

Ohhh lol I feel your pain!!

Your post made me laugh. We currently have our house on the market and I am turning into a paranoid control freak...HOW please can someone tell me am I supposed to get out of the house in the morning (I am a childminder) at 8.15am with 6 children all togged for school..book bags..lunch boxes..pe kits...football kits...breakfast away...beds made..washing on...and tidy!!! OMG it is impossible..normally we leave behind a trail of destruction that requires serious attention later on! Not only that but my poor cleaner has just gone off sick for 6 weeks after an op!! Arghhh

Im like, don't touch that, don't move that, pick that up, don't put that there. Its not healthy Im sure.

Please ohh please let me sell my house quickly!!

Luckily I haven't left anything embarassing about yet! Im sure I will at some point.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now