Talk

Advanced search

To be truly amazed and annoyed that DH has forgotton my birthday for the second year in a row?

(12 Posts)
MyDHhasnomemory Mon 06-Jul-09 00:25:21

That's it. He forgot last year and he forgot this year. He did feel terrible about it, to give him some credit. But as I screamed pointed out to him, after a shitty year it would have been nice of him to have made the effort sad

FluffyBunnyGoneBad Mon 06-Jul-09 00:26:13

sad Happy birthday.

MyDHhasnomemory Mon 06-Jul-09 00:30:54

Thanks grin

slummybutyummy Mon 06-Jul-09 00:32:00

Happy Birthday. Wishing you a better year this time x

FluffyBunnyGoneBad Mon 06-Jul-09 00:32:05

It's alright. It's mine tomorrow.

Maybe you should borrow his credit card and go shopping! grin

MyDHhasnomemory Mon 06-Jul-09 00:41:39

happy birthday Fluffy for tomorrow.
and thank you slummybutyummy. I shouldn't moan as I had nice cards, flowers and presents from many others and I have learned my lesson - next year I will give him daily reminders wink

RunningFaery Mon 06-Jul-09 11:25:20

Happy Birthday!
I would also suggest getting friends to make daily reminders as well. That way, if he forgets, he will have the shame of everybody else knowing he forgot.

MIAonline Mon 06-Jul-09 12:51:10

TBH, I don't get how this could happen a 2nd year running. After last year i would have been extra sure to mention it everyday for 2 weeks running up to it. grin

Don't become a birthday martyr, where you are almost wanting him to forget and testing him, my mum does this and then moans for ages afterwards, even though she consciously chose not to mention it. Glad you have decided to make sure you remind him next year.

Having said that how can your DH forget, I would be fuming. I think it is really unking to forget your own wife's birthday. Make sure he makes up for it wink

Frasersmum123 Mon 06-Jul-09 16:54:22

Happy Birthday

Bonneville Mon 06-Jul-09 17:06:26

I would be fuming. Time to deliberately forget his I think.

Bigpants1 Mon 06-Jul-09 17:09:07

Joking aside, I would be furious if my dh forgot my birthday once, let alone 2yrs running.How can you forget your partners birthday?
To me, its not about presents,(though that of course is nice),but the fact that your partner cares this is your special day and wants to share that with you.
Next year, write it on the calendar where he can see it, and defo remind him. Can you get time together tonight, to go out for a meal, or to the cinema? Even a takeaway curled-up infront of the tv would be a nice way to spend whats left of your birthday.

saintmaybe Mon 06-Jul-09 18:47:19

God, I bang on about mine for a fortnight before

No-one gets the chance to forget

Ask him when he'd like to celebrate it, maybe in a week? Which gives him the chance to sort it out properly

And

HAPPY BIRTHDAY ! ! !

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now