Talk

Advanced search

to be p***ed off to come home to fimd my DS1 age 4 watching tv while my DP naps?

(64 Posts)
pippylongstockings Sun 05-Jul-09 20:57:49

My DP had a lads night out on Friday - so I very kindly went to stay at my mums with our kids so he could have some friends to stay.( One friend was over from Australia and another had travelled several hours.)

I stayed at my mums Friday and Saturday night giving him plenty of 'man' time - I dropped kids back this am as I had to help my sister this morning.

I rang home at 2pm to see how everyone was - no reply.

I got home at 3pm to DS1 answering the door telling me to be quiet as Daddy and DS2 were having their naps!

DS1 is 4. He was set up watching tv. My DP said he wasn't really asleep he was just resting but I know that it's not true, as I rang an hour earlier and he didn't hear the phone and had no idea that I had rung. So he must have been asleep for over an hour.

I am really annoyed - DP thinks I am over re-acting! Am I ?

pippylongstockings Sun 05-Jul-09 20:58:37

bugger - I meant find not fimd. blush

BitOfFun Sun 05-Jul-09 20:59:42

YABU. That's why tellies were invented.

TrinityRhino Sun 05-Jul-09 21:00:30

YABU

he is four
and tellys are for that

Frasersmum123 Sun 05-Jul-09 21:00:36

YANBU I would be furious!

DottyDot Sun 05-Jul-09 21:01:58

I think you're being a bit unreasonable...

I wish ds's left me alone for long enough to have a nap but I rarely get more than 10 minutes - but I would if I could!

policywonk Sun 05-Jul-09 21:02:08

I quite frequently have a nap on the sofa while my four-year-old watches telly. I don't think he's scarred for life by it (but I could be wrong, I suppose).

monkeyfacegrace Sun 05-Jul-09 21:02:13

LOL, your 4 yr old sounds fab! I think you are being a little unreasonable, as long as the child was safe all is ok. I sometimes (due to tablets) get soooo tired I have to nap otherwise Id fall over, and set my daughter up with a run of teletubbies. But, the control-freak woman in me says if I caught my other half doing it, Id give him what for!

ShannaraTiger Sun 05-Jul-09 21:03:13

YABU I have to have anap everyday or my epilepsy kicks off, Ds is 2.5. Often he's having a nap at the same time but not always.

nickytwotimes Sun 05-Jul-09 21:03:57

YABU to be pissed off.
Yanbu to be envious though.

SerendipitousHarlot Sun 05-Jul-09 21:06:37

YABU

Nothing wrong with using the TV for that very purpose grin

katiestar Sun 05-Jul-09 21:07:45

OP can you clarify the problem.I'm not sure why you were furious ?

pippylongstockings Sun 05-Jul-09 21:09:57

My DP was upstairs and in bed. He had no idea what was going on in our house for well over an hour.

I think there is a world of difference between a nap on the sofa and taking yourself to bed and being so hung-over you are obilvious to the phone ringing and people being let into your house.

TrinityRhino Sun 05-Jul-09 21:12:16

upstairs in bed is differnt

I only do it on the sofa

SomeGuy Sun 05-Jul-09 21:13:54

what is the problem exactly?

I've ignored the phone when in bed too. Doesn't mean you don't know it's ringing, just you don't want to answer it.

staranise Sun 05-Jul-09 21:14:18

DH having a nap - fine, DS watching TV - no big deal.

4 year old answering the door by himself while your husband was asleep (due to self-inflicted tiredness) - not good and therefore YANBU, I would be cross on safety grounds.

SerendipitousHarlot Sun 05-Jul-09 21:14:32

You didn't mention that he was upstairs in bed.

How did your 4 year old manage to open the front door?

Noonki Sun 05-Jul-09 21:16:15

YANBU - for the same reason staranise stated. In fact I would be fuming.

pippylongstockings Sun 05-Jul-09 21:22:41

My DS1 managed to open the door by standing on the shoe-rack. He was very pleased to see me pull up on the drive!

I know I am fuming partly because DP has had a lovelt weekend with his friends and I have been putting myslef out for him and then my siter BUT mainly I am pissed off because it was very unsafe for my 4 year old son. Plus our 2 year old could have been awake and crying and he wouldn't have even known he was so hung-over and asleep he didn't even hear the phone ring and me come into the house.

I am never that asleep even in the night!

Sassybeast Sun 05-Jul-09 21:23:19

YANBU and I would be bloody furious.

pippylongstockings Sun 05-Jul-09 21:23:50

sorry 2 glasses of wine can't zpell!

SerendipitousHarlot Sun 05-Jul-09 21:26:09

Ah well in that case, it's a different scenario entirely. I'd be cross about that.

And also, you might want to sort some security out for the front door! Now he knows he's done it once....

pippylongstockings Sun 05-Jul-09 21:27:45

It has bolts on it - top and bottom which DP hadn't locked - thoughtfully in case I came home!

CyradisTheSeer Sun 05-Jul-09 21:34:13

Message withdrawn

UnquietDad Sun 05-Jul-09 21:36:51

Kip on the sofa would be fine, upstairs in bed probably pushing it a bit.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now