Talk

Advanced search

To have given this lady a piece of my mind yesterday?

(14 Posts)
dilemma456 Sun 05-Jul-09 13:16:43

Message withdrawn

nannyL Sun 05-Jul-09 13:18:43

YANBU

lisad123 Sun 05-Jul-09 13:19:55

stupid cow of a woman. properly her way of making sure she gets her money. Not unreasonable at all.

hatesponge Sun 05-Jul-09 13:21:19

YANBU at all.

This has happened to me before and I was not impressed.

smartacus Sun 05-Jul-09 13:22:25

I am totally with you on that one! I hate when people do that. I would have had the exact same reaction!

SecretNinjaChipmunk Sun 05-Jul-09 13:40:09

just out of interest what did you say to her? i would have gone beserk!

DesperateHousewifeToo Sun 05-Jul-09 13:48:27

YANBU

Dreadful woman! That would have really annoyed me too.

I hope no-one else fell for the same selling tactics.

rupertsabear Sun 05-Jul-09 14:01:20

This happens all the time in the street here in Italy where I live - usually Sri lankan salesmen (for some reason - they seem to have a mafia on the kids market, while the Nigerians run the fake handbag stalls!) with horrid plastic toys. It's so annoying and ruins everyone's day.

Kimi Sun 05-Jul-09 14:01:33

YANBU I hate these type of people, went to a fete a few years ago and while I was paying for DS1 to have a go at shoot the duck the bloke at the next stall gave DS2 a hammer to hit the bell type thing, DS2 was about 4 at the time so he has a whack and the bloke says to me "£1.50," "Sorry" says I" what for", "well he had a go at the game" says bloke, "well I did not say he could" says I, bloke gets nasty and starts going on about people letting their kids try and get free goes and being really aggressive , so I let rip about nasty carnival travelers trying to steal money off of small children, and told him to go get a proper job, One of the organizers pitched up at this point, seems this bloke had been trying it on all day like that. I really really dislike these type of people.

dilemma456 Sun 05-Jul-09 14:02:21

Message withdrawn

zeke Sun 05-Jul-09 16:47:45

shock Terrible tactic to sell things!

Trikken Sun 05-Jul-09 16:59:04

Yanbu at all. Horrible for everybody. I would have assumed it was free if she just gave it out.

MrsMattie Sun 05-Jul-09 17:01:39

YANBU. What a low act.

whereeverIlaymyhat Sun 05-Jul-09 17:12:58

There is a man in Chester who sells balloon animals (only I didn't know this at the time) anyway I don't know what i thought he was, working for the tourist board or something but I had three of mine with me one day when he walked up and started asking them what they'd like, made them at lightening speed and then asked me for a tenner.
I was speechless and like a prat I paid him but was so cross with myself.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now