Talk

Advanced search

Its my nephews christening in half an hour and I'm not going, I don't feel too good.

(9 Posts)
shinyshoes Sun 05-Jul-09 09:28:30

I've been feeling like crap since last wednesday. My thyroid is all up the creek (docs apps for that tomorrow) and I've had hayfever/cold/swine flu something like that since wednesday.
It also means me getting 2 buses with 3 children all dressed up. I don't even feel like brushing my hair. I did tell her yesturday that I wouldn't be going but to have a lovely day. She seemed dissapointed but i'm sure she'll live.

AIBU Should I have gone. It's not like she's been to church for years anyway

FabBakerGirlIsBack Sun 05-Jul-09 09:29:56

YANBU

Stay at home and rest

YeahBut Sun 05-Jul-09 09:30:49

Not if you're sick - you don't want to pass it on to anyone else and the best thing for you is to hunker down and get yourself well.

PrincessToadstool Sun 05-Jul-09 09:32:16

If you're ill, you're ill. YANBU, stay in bed and MN rest.

woodlands35 Sun 05-Jul-09 09:34:53

stick the kettle on & relax , these things happen , im sure they will understand , maybe make a special effort to go see baby when you are feeling better .

Firawla Sun 05-Jul-09 11:16:11

no you're sick and imagine if it is swine flu and you pass it to her new baby, then im sure you would get relatives telling you off about you should have stayed at home.
just go round and visit when you feel better

southeastastra Sun 05-Jul-09 11:18:35

would no-one have been able to give you a lift? getting buses etc on a sunday would put me off ill or not!

shinyshoes Sun 05-Jul-09 11:33:09

I have myself and 3 children I could have split them up perhaps into different cars but then there's still getting home isn't there. There was a gathering at the local pub after. I would have had to get 2 buses back still as I couldn't have relied on lifts home from different people if they were staying on at the pub after.

I feel less guilty about not going now .

Thanks ladies.

MummyDragon Sun 05-Jul-09 11:42:04

I wouldn't have gone either wink

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now