Talk

Advanced search

to think David Bowie is a genius and

(18 Posts)
DisturbinglySexuallyInactive Fri 03-Jul-09 18:55:58

. . . to have only recently come to this conclusion?

Baisey Fri 03-Jul-09 18:58:56

Yes you are being unreasonable. How dare you not have come to this conclusion years ago!!
grin

Mintyy Fri 03-Jul-09 18:59:05

Yanbu to have come to this conclusion.

Yabvvvvvu not to have realised before.

However, (as you know!!!), I am total old fogey so have been appreciative of Mr Bowie since early 1970s [smug].

littlelamb Fri 03-Jul-09 18:59:35

yanbu
But seriously, is this suitable for a childrens film?? Whenever I watch I am mesmerised shock

Baisey Fri 03-Jul-09 19:00:00

<wanders off to go watch Labrynth>

Baisey Fri 03-Jul-09 19:00:50

labyrinth blush

Baisey Fri 03-Jul-09 19:01:22

littlelamb youve made my evening!

DisturbinglySexuallyInactive Fri 03-Jul-09 19:04:04

is it true that if you listen to nothing but Bowie you will never come down from it? am stuck on a small handful of songs I cannot get enough of blush

DisturbinglySexuallyInactive Fri 03-Jul-09 19:18:56

so if someone had an obsession with a couple of the major tom ones, and one or two others, what other Bowie might they enjoy?

I just think I should make some sort of effort to expand the playlist

vixma Fri 03-Jul-09 19:21:13

David Bowie is a genious....I love his music and when I saw him in Germany he was awesome....Life on Mars...ahhhhhhhhhh. Even the laughing gnome.

vixma Fri 03-Jul-09 19:22:21

I was walking up the highstreet......Bowie rules!!!!!!!!!!

DisturbinglySexuallyInactive Fri 03-Jul-09 19:24:54

oh life on mars is my joint best one with space oddity with ashes to ashes with ziggy stardust

DisturbinglySexuallyInactive Fri 03-Jul-09 19:25:17

but why don't more people talk about bowie more often?

EachPeachPearMum Fri 03-Jul-09 19:30:29

we do... in our home at least... DD demands 'kooks' every morning before nursery grin

She's going to be pretty kooky too....

cheesesarnie Fri 03-Jul-09 19:32:04

yabu to only just have realised.i adore him.
laughing gnome always cheers me upgrin

and he cant help being sexy-he oozes it

southeastastra Fri 03-Jul-09 19:33:40

it's exciting discovering new artists it never stops! my sister was mad on bowie so i grew up listening to him my favourite was the laughing gnome.

i liked him in merry christmas mr lawrence for some reason

fattybumbum Fri 03-Jul-09 19:34:22

David Bowie is the soundtrack to my life. I've been a major fan since I was 13 (am now 38) and my son has David as a middle name. Mr Bowie can do no wrong in my eyes (even his rather dodgy albums) and doesn't he still look great for his age?

DisturbinglySexuallyInactive Fri 03-Jul-09 19:35:59

well I've always known that I liked various of his songs, and artists that he was either influenced by or has influenced or worked with - syd barret, lou reed for example

I just, I don't know, I suppose it's like having sex for years and enjoying it but never having an orgasm - that's what it is, a long drawn out Bowiegasm!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now