Talk

Advanced search

To be really nervous about my wedding tomorrow?

(49 Posts)
memoo Fri 03-Jul-09 18:53:05

I'm getting married tomorrow and am absolutely bricking it. I'm so nervous I haven't even been able to eat all day.

DP thinks it is a bad sign that I am nervous but I absolutely love him to bits and I'm only so nervous because our relationship and the wedding really matter to me?

Surely its normal to be really nervous?

cathcat Fri 03-Jul-09 18:57:12

Ohhhhh Congratulations!!!! You will have a great day. Do you have any Rescue Remedy? I was quite stressed out before my wedding - a few drops of that and I had a brilliant relaxed day.
Tell your DH not to worry and you just try to relax.

BitOfFun Fri 03-Jul-09 18:58:14

Of course it is! Have a drink to calm your nerves, dull the excitement to a quiet roar. And have a lovely day tomorrow!

frAKKINPannikin Fri 03-Jul-09 18:58:46

It's normal.

Doesn't mean anything about your relationship - it means that you're worried about the WEDDING. Which is one day. But a big, stressful one that you want to be perfect.

Dysgu Fri 03-Jul-09 18:59:31

I think it is normal to be nervous - you will be the star of the day and I imagine you have spent ages - and loads - getting everything organised.

Being nervous does not mean anything negative with regards your feelings for your soon to be husband IMHO.

I wish you a lovely day tomorrow - do try to get some sleep tonight and eat something so that you have the energy to get through the day.

I remember my wedding (to now ExH but wedding went well!) and the break between the morning ceremony/meal and the evening do was just what we needed to have a rest! Being a bride is such a big role for the day!

Good luck.

bigTillyMint Fri 03-Jul-09 18:59:35

Congratulations!

I felt fine on my wedding day till I got to the door to walk up the aisle and realised that everyone was looking at me..... grin

MrsBadger Fri 03-Jul-09 19:00:08

are you nervous about being married

or nervous about being the centre of attention at a big event?

if the latter, totally understandable, you will look gorgeous and all will be fine smile

if the former, do some thinking

bloomingnora Fri 03-Jul-09 19:00:19

I wanted to run away on the evening before my wedding. It was only the fact that I was sleeping in the same room as my bridesmaids that stopped me! Have now been married for 8 years and we're expecting our third child. It is totally reasonable to be nervous - I later worked out that I was not nervous about getting married so much as being the centre of attention which I hate.
And fear of things that might go wrong like flowers not turning up etc You will be fine - have a lovely day xxx

herbietea Fri 03-Jul-09 19:00:37

Message withdrawn

tearinghairout Fri 03-Jul-09 19:02:05

Yes it's normal. It's a big day, in lots of ways: it's important, you want it to be perfect, you're nervous because you have vows to make, you'll have a lot of friends/relatives turning up, it's like throwing a big party, with knobs on... yes it's normal to be nervous! Surely he's a bit nervous too?

My wedding - didn't eat either, on the day it pissed down with rain, but you know I found that I didn't mind, I was floating on air! You will be surrounded by people who care about you, who wish the very best for you, and who want to have a good time with you. So, make sure you relax and revel in being a princess for a day.

I'll be thinking of you, enjoy it!

differentID Fri 03-Jul-09 19:03:54

nerves the night before are fab. Don't worry about cocking up the words of your vows- it won't matter. Tomorrow is just the first day in your married life, enjoy it.

memoo Fri 03-Jul-09 19:05:18

I am 28 weeks pregnant so can't really have a drink but maybe just one to steady my nerves won't hurt?

I'm not nervous about actually being married its just the actual day itself. I hate being the centre of attention hence we are only having quite a low key wedding but I still want everything to go right.

I almost want it all to be over but thats really sad isn't it?

I do have some rescue rememdy in somewhere, wonder if its ok to take while pregnant?

I might actually have a small glass of wine tonight to help me sleep!!

BitOfFun Fri 03-Jul-09 19:08:38

DifferentID, I was just glancing at the replies since mine on threads I'm on, and yours read "Nerves the night before are fab. Don't worry about cock" gringrin

Good advice!

Alestorm Fri 03-Jul-09 19:09:29

One of my best friends is getting married tomorrow - your name doesn't begin with a G does it? wink

On my wedding day my dh forgot his own name during the wedding vows - the registrar cocked up the pronunciation of one of his middle names and he copied her! It was highly amusing.

Hope you have a lovely day! grin

BottySpottom Fri 03-Jul-09 19:11:13

Oooh, how exciting. Have a lovely day - I am sure you will feel better tomorrow.

differentID Fri 03-Jul-09 19:11:20

I was nervous as well, but didn't let it show until we were signing the register.

When I farted.

grin

tearinghairout Fri 03-Jul-09 19:13:32

Noooo, don't drink - didn't you see Steve & Becky's non-wedding on Corrie?

crazylizzy Fri 03-Jul-09 19:22:18

YANBU at all, I think it might be slightly odd if you weren't nervous at all! wink

Just remember that everyone there is there to wish you well, to show how much they like you, how much they care and how happy they are for you. Yes it's a lot of attention but it's positive attention.

Congratulations and feel the love! smile

Grendle Fri 03-Jul-09 19:36:02

YANBU -it's a big day and in some ways stressful. If you were nervous about being married then that would be a totally different thing.

I also think it's perfectly normal not to be nervous. Neither dh nor I was nervous at all, in fact by 2pm on the wedding day I felt like screaming "oh for heavens sake let's be done with all this faffing and get on with it!".

Congratulations in advance, I hope you have a wonderful time smile.

PresidentTaylor Fri 03-Jul-09 19:37:17

I couldn't eat before my wedding either. Was so nervous just before the service - though not so much leading up to it (though I must have been subconsciously as I never go off my food usually grin). With me it was the whole being the centre of attention thing too. I ate loads at the reception though! Was relieved I think and more relaxed.

Have a lovely day.

5Foot5 Fri 03-Jul-09 19:45:01

Oh I hope you have a lovely, lovely day! You probably won't be all that nervous when it finally gets under way it is just the anticipation. And it is quite normal.

I know I woke up on my wedding day feeling absolutlely sick with nerves and this was made worse by my Mum being so stressed out that she threw an absolute wobbler at about 9am and threatened to get the bus in to town and not come back! Anyway tears all round but that burst the bubble and we all calmed down a bit.

22 years on and we are still going strong so wedding nerves are clearly not a sign of anything wrong with the relationship.

PeachyTheRiverParrettHarlot Fri 03-Jul-09 19:49:35

Hope it all goes well memoo, performance nerves are normal I think, if you're not one for the limelight

Congrats and good lcuk

PeachyTheRiverParrettHarlot Fri 03-Jul-09 19:50:40

(the time to panic pre wedding is when you have an affair with the wedding hotographer starting in the run up, as my friend did.

Nerves are nothing in comparison.....)

PeachyTheRiverParrettHarlot Fri 03-Jul-09 19:50:58

photographer

hot he was not

OmFg Fri 03-Jul-09 19:51:31

Oooh, my friend is getting married tomorrow

*wonders if memoo is her friend*

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now