Talk

Advanced search

To think that if people keep calling me up eventually it will get round

(26 Posts)
Enviousbitch Fri 03-Jul-09 14:12:22

I have had 3 people call me so far today so say 'oh my goodness, have you heard about S*'.(he has apparently just slept with a sleb hmm).

Now if 3 people have called me it's not a great stretch of the imagination that people are not going to keep this a 'secret'.

Me posting about it on mumsnet is a good example even though it's not interesting enough to tell you the actual gossip.

thick friend says no one will find out and S* may end up seeing him again since they're still in the same resort.

Given that about 30 people are bound to know already am I unreasonable to think it's bound to get round. spread like wildfire

MadreInglese Fri 03-Jul-09 14:15:45

eh?

themoon Fri 03-Jul-09 14:16:32

Oh come one... tell... grin

Rhubarb Fri 03-Jul-09 14:17:06

Yeah yeah, whatever

FairLadyRantALot Fri 03-Jul-09 14:17:41

YANBU...but I am not really getting why you posting this on here....but that is neither there nor here....or is it here nor there grin

Fimbo Fri 03-Jul-09 14:17:46

It's Jordan innit.

Flynnie Fri 03-Jul-09 14:19:22

S* is sleeping with a slebshock

GypsyMoth Fri 03-Jul-09 14:22:11

What a strange thread...... Hiding this one I think!!

Enviousbitch Fri 03-Jul-09 14:22:53

just want to be vindicated that I am not being unreasonable.

I am so pissed off with friend, she just went on and on about this gossip and saying how excited she was to be the only one to know about it hmm

also forgot I namechanged, damn

Portofino Fri 03-Jul-09 14:27:17

So this a MALE friend sleeping with a MALE sleb? Is the sleb out of the closet?

I'd be on the phone to Max Clifford myself grin

annh Fri 03-Jul-09 14:29:08

This is a very strange thread! Why are you pissed off at your friend? Maybe she really thought she was the only person who knew this gossip? How was she to know that several other people also knew? Or are you just fed up because you didn't get to spread the gossip yourself?!

Rhubarb Fri 03-Jul-09 14:29:44

<hides utterly boring thread>

DailyStarJourno Fri 03-Jul-09 14:31:41

<hides utterly pontless thread, yes even for me>

MadreInglese Fri 03-Jul-09 14:32:13

je ne comprends pas

Enviousbitch Fri 03-Jul-09 14:36:32

No, no I don't care about the content on the gossip itself or I would have said it on here.

I'm bothered because we argued - and I'm thinking worse of her today as she seemed so shallow. I just said to her that since her and 2 of our mutual friends had called me that it wouldn't stay secret for long.

And then she went on and on about how we (all 30 of us now probably) are the only ones who will ever know.

Hide the thread if you want. It's a standard aibu just like all the others.

I think people will eventually find out, she doesn't, we argued.

Whi is being unreasonable?

Flynnie Fri 03-Jul-09 14:38:02

Madre, I think the OP is saying that she has had a few people tell her that someone they know has slept with a Celebrity(because as we all know THAT IS BIG NEWS!)
Op is so annoyed at this lack of secrecy that she is posting it on the net.hmm

chegirl Fri 03-Jul-09 14:42:06

Depends? Was it micheal jackson? <run away run away>

FlappyTheBat Fri 03-Jul-09 14:44:02

I thought from the posts that Flynnie and enviousbitch were the same person, Flynnie confirmed that it was whoever sleeping with whatever,
I'm confused!

morningpaper Fri 03-Jul-09 14:46:06

What? Celebrities sleep with hundreds of people, very rarely does it interest anyway

Unless it IS Michael Jackson and it's been in the last week

Flynnie Fri 03-Jul-09 14:49:44

No Flappy my post was tongue in cheek(obviously not very well put)

I couldn't really give a c* who sleeps with who.

Enviousbitch Fri 03-Jul-09 14:50:37

you are right, I am not interested in the actual story.

I am not annoyed at the lack of secrecy (since i'm the one posting about it grin). I am annoyed that my friend is so deluded that she thinks it won't be gossiped about, she kept saying only a few know and I kept saying it won't stay like that.

And in some bizarre roundabout way it hasn't stayed with a few knowing that there is gossip out there as I am talking about it.

Another friend just emailed me and asked if I knew and I said 'who doesn't know'.

Right, I am parping off my own thread now. I have decided I am not being unreasonable and that by the end of the day some sleb who is now bi (who cares, who isn't) will be talked about in pubs up and down the land.

FlappyTheBat Fri 03-Jul-09 16:37:26

Flynnie, sorry, was only using thread as a diversion from R Fed's expected win at Wimbledon, so not paying attention.
Now watching A Murray so must try harder to multi task!

Portofino Fri 03-Jul-09 18:00:48

I just want to know who it was! grin

Flynnie Fri 03-Jul-09 18:36:58

No probs Flappysmile

icedgemsrock Fri 03-Jul-09 18:40:10

if 30 people already know then tell us who the damn celeb was

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now