Talk

Advanced search

to be livid that dh just sat there with a scowl on his miserable face while I stood (emetophobes keep out)

(14 Posts)
milkycuntalinasgone Fri 03-Jul-09 10:14:23

...dripping in sick in <whispers> Mcdonalds?

We were half way through a 10hr car journey with the dc and had stopped for some food. Poor ds (2) and dd had both been cooped up in the car for 5 hours at this point. So obviously when set free they proceeded to behave a little nutty in Mcd's.

So we were standing in the queue and I (naively) thought I's nip for a wee. I come back 2mins later to find ds howling because he'd bumped his head, so I picked him up to cuddle him.

He then proceeded to vomit all over me. I'm talking it was in my underwear! Dh did nothing to help; he just stood there scowling at ds blathering on about how it was his own fault for pissing about etc.

This is pathetic imo. He is TWO years old fgs and had been sat in the back of a bloody car looking rather green all afternoon! angry.

So aibu for not speaking to him for the rest of the way home and to still be mightily cheesed off with him this morning?

roulade Fri 03-Jul-09 10:28:12

YANBU he should not have shouted at your poor ds and he should have helped clear up too!

rubyslippers Fri 03-Jul-09 10:30:03

YANBU for feeling hacked off at your DH

BUT YABU to not speak to him the whole way home

talk to him now about why you are cross and then you are done

long, hot car journeys are no fun for anyone - drivers or passengers

rubyslippers Fri 03-Jul-09 10:30:26

YANBU for feeling hacked off at your DH

BUT YABU to not speak to him the whole way home

talk to him now about why you are cross and then you are done

long, hot car journeys are no fun for anyone - drivers or passengers

imaynotbeperfectbutimokmummy Fri 03-Jul-09 10:45:15

Is your little boy ok? I don't want to worry you, but was it a hard bump on the head? I would worry about him vomiting after that. Although its probbaly just excitement, the car journey and muckdonalds. DD is a poor traveller.

milkycuntalinasgone Fri 03-Jul-09 10:56:50

To be honest I don't ususally do moods, but dh hasn't even bothered trying to talk to me or make it up at all even though he knows why I was so cross.

imatnotbeperfect - God I didn't even think of that, though thankfully he seems bright enough today.

milkycuntalinasgone Fri 03-Jul-09 10:58:36

Really can't type today! [blames tiredness]

ingles2 Fri 03-Jul-09 11:04:26

Is your ds ok??? vomiting after a bump on the head is a warning sign...
but otherwise Nope YANBU, your dh was a thoughtless arse...

AtheneNoctua Fri 03-Jul-09 11:07:28

I'm with Imaynotbeperfect. Whenever someone vomits right after bumping their head it is a sign of a concussion. I don't think it had anything to do with the hot car since he had presumably been out of the car for while.

If there were no other signs of concussion -- falling asleep sudeenly, being disoriented, etc. I'm sure he's fine now.

My DS cracked his head good and hard on the merrygoround (roundabout?)about a year ago. Was followed by throwing up and sudden sleepiness. And, he went straight to the emergency room. Although the STUPID hospital failed to recognise it as a concussion. Poor nanny was distraught and couldn't get a hold of me at work. But, she did a fab job and was herself far more shaken up than DS was.

Anyway, just wanted to point this out in case it happens again.

BTW, YANBU. Your DH is actinh like a child himself.

ineedalifelaundry Fri 03-Jul-09 11:08:22

YANBU

Is he usually so unhelpful or was it a one off? Long journeys make everyone cranky, but not helping wasn't on.

milkycuntalinasgone Fri 03-Jul-09 11:30:49

Well yes those circunstances do lend themselves to general grumpiness, but I think he does have a tendency to get really childish and angry when things go wrong, particularly in public situations.

NormaSknockers Fri 03-Jul-09 11:34:54

YANBU shock

Did your DH honestly think that was helpful? Is DS ok? Agree with the others, being sick after a bump on the head sets alarm bells ringing! DD vomited about 5 minutes after banging her head so we whisked off to A&E for peace of mind.

AtheneNoctua Fri 03-Jul-09 11:35:44

I would tell him that the only person I excpect to act like a two year old is in the the two year old.

Gorionine Fri 03-Jul-09 11:39:00

Well, I have to say that vomit is something I just cannot cope with. Unless I really have no choice (on my own with sick dc) I just run a mile away at the sight of it! It makes me physically sick as well!

I first thaught that might be the case of your dh as well but reading the end of your OP, it seemed that it was just a case of being ennoyed at the event and what caused it soYANBU at all to be crossed with him. Not sure about the not talking to him at all though.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now