Talk

Advanced search

to want to be able to buy a pair of shorts for a small boy with a drawstring waist that actually works!!

(6 Posts)
tinatutor Thu 02-Jul-09 22:16:10

argh!! realise this is very trivial but needed to rant somewhere.

I can't find any shorts/tracky pants for my 2yr old with drawstring waist that works. They all have ties on but they're just for show?? why? why? why?

My son has a permanent builders bum from all his pants falling down! What's so hard about putting some elastic in some shorts?

Anyone else have this problem?

popmum Thu 02-Jul-09 22:24:15

have you looked for 'adjustable waist' shorts - next have them - they are more tailored than joggers but you can pull the elastic in inside the waistband (bit like some mat wear), sorry if you've seen these!

trockodile Fri 03-Jul-09 08:48:38

boden towelling shorts or sweatshorts both have functional drawstrings. They also come up pretty big so would have thought 18mths to 2 may be ok. On sale at the moment!

pjmama Fri 03-Jul-09 09:08:40

I don't get the "just for show" drawstring either! Very bloody annoying, I feel your pain!

CMOTdibbler Fri 03-Jul-09 09:09:58

John Lewis' shorts actually adjust, and I just got some shorts from M&S where the internal elastic is adjustable - so you can make them just right for pulling up and down

Pinkranger Fri 03-Jul-09 09:11:07

I got a pair for my 20month old ds in Zara, theywere only £4.99, they come up a bit big but the drawstring did work as he never would have keep them up! I also get him H&M shorts, size smaller and theadjustable waist on them are perfect!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now