Talk

Advanced search

To put stickers over ex landlord's SAEs?

(6 Posts)
ObsidianBlackbirdMcNight Thu 02-Jul-09 22:09:05

Have just found 5 x stamped addressed 'large letter' envelopes that my landlord gave me to forward any mail. I need to do the same thing for new occupants of flat. They each have stamps on to the value of 61p, so £3.05 worth of stamps plus envelopes. I am very very skint right now.
I could return these to landlord for him to give to new tenants, or I could put stickers over them and use for myself.
Context is that I am very annoyed with landlord today after he called me with very passive aggressive moan about damaged floorboards in which he insinuated that we had asked for our deposit back early to avoid paying for it (not true at all, he did us a favour I know, but he said he wouldn't deduct anything plus I didn't damage floorboards). It was unpleasant and upsetting.

So.....AIBU to steal possibly £4 worth of stationery from him? I could add that he hiked the rent above fair rates in january with us having no way to move out, so he's got about £300 from us that he wouldn't hve got from another tenant.

MangoJuggler Thu 02-Jul-09 22:10:06

YABU

Theft is theft

Sorry

SomeGuy Thu 02-Jul-09 22:18:23

Fuck him.

Use them.

You can redirect mail just by crossing out the address for free.

Firawla Thu 02-Jul-09 22:20:29

thats true about redirecting mail.. he doesnt even need the envelopes!

ObsidianBlackbirdMcNight Thu 02-Jul-09 22:39:22

It was just to make it easy for us - save up any letters and whack them all in one envelope. I would have done it with the crossing out as he well knows (friend of a friend) although I need to give SAEs to new tenants of that flat as I don't know them at all and have no reason to think they would bother.

But thanks - I decided to do it but felt very guilty as I was sticking them blush

He was very unpleasant today.

MissSunny Thu 02-Jul-09 23:31:12

Message withdrawn

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now