Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

to tell my bro to F off re: my mums birthday present?

(10 Posts)
carocaro Thu 02-Jul-09 17:48:45

as he can't afford to get her the FLeetwood Mac tickets he's already told her her's got for Ocotber?

could I pay for them and he would pay me back, £96 in total.

Errrr, hello husband = 1 salary, me and two kids. YOU = single, crud with cash but still managed to have a great life!

A - he would never pay me back
B - we certainly can't afford it

PLus he went to Glastonbury and is off to Goodwood this weekend and how much is that!?!?!

Here's the thing dear Bro, think about someone else for a change and buy the tickets yourself with £ you have saved and say, maybe not go to Glastonbury and Goodwood.

And don't try and guilt me into buying themm you told her you already have them! Her birthday was in April and I already got her a present then so FUCK OFF!

MaggieBeeBeau Thu 02-Jul-09 17:50:30

Tell him you're not sure, but if he's certain it's a good idea, he can go ahead and book them and you'll give him the 96....

HecatesTwopenceworth Thu 02-Jul-09 17:51:44

say no! If you won't get your money back and he'll hand them over to your mum oh look what I got you...

Bugger that!

diedandgonetodevon Thu 02-Jul-09 17:54:51

what Hecate said.

If you don't have spare cash it's crazy of him to expect it of you.

JeffVadar Thu 02-Jul-09 17:59:35

Sounds like we have the same Bro!

YANBU - can you ask him for at least half the money up front? Ticket hostage situation...

MadameCastafiore Thu 02-Jul-09 18:04:04

Tell him you just cannot afford it, end of, do not moan, just say NO!

tommypickles Thu 02-Jul-09 18:07:18

Same situation.....my brother is older than me, single, no kids.

I'm married, 3 kids and I always have to call him to remind him of parents birthdays and anniversarys etc and then usually end up agreeing to buy the cards and prezzies for him during the same conversation.

BUT, he's my brother and I love him, he must be lonley not having a family and I don't mind helping him out.

PLUS, I would not want my parents to be upset if he didn't get them anything.

screamingabdab Thu 02-Jul-09 18:24:01

Sorry, YASoNBU.

Don't give him the money, and let this be a lesson to him in responsibility, and not making promises he can't keep.

Unless he is 5 years old ?

SomeGuy Thu 02-Jul-09 18:28:22

ooh Fleetwood Mac, I'll buy the tickets off him.

screamingabdab Thu 02-Jul-09 18:30:14

I love Fleetwood Mac, too. DS1 was born to "You can go your own way". Quite appropriate too, as it happens, as he is very stubborn

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now