Talk

Advanced search

in being annoyed with Boots for not doing a favourite product any more?

(14 Posts)
Clary Wed 01-Jul-09 22:47:21

I buy this fabbo own-brand body stuff from Boots, Mediterranean with olive and Bergamot I think.

I ran out and someone bought me sthg else which I dutifully used up (not as nice). Imagine my delight when I finished it so I hie me to Boots to buy some of my fave, only to discover "oh yes madam we don't do that any more. We do this." - points to rack of stuff that is not the same.

I then spent about 15 valuable shopping minutes trying to decide whether to go for Olive, Bergamot, vanilla (smelled like sweets), nectarine (fruit salad) etc etc, before buying what will turn out to be much less nice than the old one (I suspect)

How can they do this to me?? Why do shops change something that is really good?

OK rant over (and breathe)

theDreadPirateRoberts Wed 01-Jul-09 22:50:21

Some years ago L'Occitane stopped doing my favourite shea butter conditioner and switched formula to something much heavier and richer. I still have a tiny quantity of the old stuff in a travel bottle, which I'm keeping for a special occasion yet to be determined.

I share your pain. YANBU.

Dalrymps Wed 01-Jul-09 22:54:21

So annoying when this happens. I'm sure I have some of that olive and bergamit stuff you speak of, think I got it in a gift set for xmas one year. If I find it you can have it grin

BoysAreLikeDogs Wed 01-Jul-09 22:56:07

Clary I know exactly the one you mean, was body butter with orange and bergamot

was lovely

gagamama Wed 01-Jul-09 23:10:03

Oh oh oh, but the new own brand mango and orange blossom body butter is divine. I am something of a body butter tart and have tried every brand and fragrance imagineable over the years, and this is one of my absolute favourites. And you get change from three quid!

<Scowls at the two remaining tubs of shitty M&S body butter I was conned into buying because they were on 3 for 2 and are FAR INFERIOR> hmm

MangoJuggler Wed 01-Jul-09 23:12:21

gagamama but is the new one very sweet? the other one was not, it smelled kind of medicinal IYSWIM

gagamama Wed 01-Jul-09 23:15:51

Yeah, it makes me and my bedroom smell like a pina cola when I put it on. Maybe not quite what you were after then.

Do you have any Boots outlet shops near you? They sell all the end-of-line body butters for about £2.50. I only know of one, near City Airport (London) but there must be others.

MangoJuggler Wed 01-Jul-09 23:16:47

boots outlet stores - good call smile

Clary Wed 01-Jul-09 23:19:56

Actually I can't remember exactly which one I use (because I have had an interval of Something Else) but I was relying on seeing it and knowing IYSWIM.

Oooh Boots outlet stores, will google <brightens>

clemette Wed 01-Jul-09 23:30:03

Try ebay. They always seem to have loads of stuff that can be shoplifted sourced from Boots wink

worried27 Thu 02-Jul-09 00:58:45

Boots always do this. Anyone else use the No7 cream compact foundation? It used to come in a rectangular compact, now it's oval. But it wasn't the same product! I emailed them and they said they hadn't changed the formula, but they obviously HAD, this new one is far less creamy and is inferior.

Grr

YANBU!

HappyMummyOfOne Thu 02-Jul-09 08:00:12

Is that the green set or the blue one? Have some items in my xmas box in the loft but cant remember exactly which ones.

gagamama Thu 02-Jul-09 10:04:45

The Boots outlet shop I've been to is in Beckton. It doesn't seem as though they advertise it as being an outlet though so it may be difficult to source others.

I've just Googled it, was it a Botanics one? The outlet shop had heaps of Botanics stuff when I was there, I guess they must be altering the whole range. Superdrug seem to do an olive and bergamot body butter, probably not as good though: www.superdrug.com/invt/500151

Hope you find some!

gagamama Thu 02-Jul-09 10:08:34

Ignore me, you clearly stated it was from the Mediterranean range in your OP. grin

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now