Talk

Advanced search

Omfgg i so wanted to say something!!

(111 Posts)
TheLadyEvenstar Wed 01-Jul-09 17:29:00

I was just walking along with ds1 and ds2 and I saw this little girl a bit younger than ds2 in a stroller, my first thought was "Oh unusual for a girl she is not very pretty" I looked up from the pram to see her parents a woman who looked about 15 and MY EX HUSBAND!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I should probably explain, I got married in september 2003 and in October 2005 he left me. his reasons? well he had got his leave to remain in the UK and his passport. It was not until we split I found out his father had a wife already lined up for him and had done for 6 years. SO basically he married me so he could bring her over.

I am not sure how I feel I know I have moved on and had a baby with my new partner but.....
before we split he made me go through hell and always told me he couldn't have children.

Morloth Wed 01-Jul-09 17:36:15

Sounds like you dodged a bullet! Think about it, you could still be stuck with him.

Greensleeves Wed 01-Jul-09 17:37:20

agreegoodriddancetobadrubbishinhis cas e

butcan'tsayIhaveeverlookedintoabuggyandthought" Oh,unus ualforagirls heis notverypretty" hmm

PrincessToadstool Wed 01-Jul-09 17:38:21

hmm nice judging of the little girl.

cocolepew Wed 01-Jul-09 17:39:26

Space bar Greensleeves! Space bar!

Jumente Wed 01-Jul-09 17:40:27

Oh dear Vaunda! Foot in mouth again I see...poor little girl... but you must be feeling confused as it's brought up some stuff for you.

TheLadyEvenstar Wed 01-Jul-09 17:41:52

Princess, I just didn't think she was very pretty thats all, then i saw him and realised she was his double, now while his looks are not that bad on him they didn't look right on her iyswim?

Morloth PHEWWWWW

Greensleeves Wed 01-Jul-09 17:42:04

it'sbustedblush

Jumente Wed 01-Jul-09 17:42:52

You could try using full stops instead greeny? Might look worse though grin

Jumente Wed 01-Jul-09 17:43:14

my.space.bar.isn't.working

cocolepew Wed 01-Jul-09 17:43:36

Oh ok, I'll take deep breaths next time, I got light headed reading it grin

TheLadyEvenstar Wed 01-Jul-09 17:43:55

Jumente he is not ugly not stunning but not ugly iyswim? and as i say while his looks suit him they looked wrong on her...maybe she will grow into them who knows, i look like my dad and his looks never looked right for me iyswim?

I suppose I could have said she looked very much like a boy rather than not very pretty lol

PrincessToadstool Wed 01-Jul-09 17:44:20

use 'a' to break up words

itsabusted - much better

cocolepew Wed 01-Jul-09 17:44:32

Now I'm reading that in a robot voice blush [leaves thread]

Greensleeves Wed 01-Jul-09 17:44:54

hmm.maybe.-.more.hassle.though.as.I.automatically.type.quickly.with.the.space.bar.bu t.have.to.s top.to.find.the.full.s top

andthedamns pacebaris ontherampageandkeeps addinginhuges paces wihoutmeeventouchingit

LaurieFairyCake Wed 01-Jul-09 17:45:04

I don't get that, how can we not say someone is not very pretty or downright ugly for that matter hmm

I'm a bit of a munter, my dh with his giant nose, baldness, weak chin and grumpy face is never going to have good looking kids with me - AND????????

ugly dorks rule, right? grin

PrincessToadstool Wed 01-Jul-09 17:45:54

Does it just need cleaning? Get under it with a damp cotton bud?

cocolepew Wed 01-Jul-09 17:45:55

Try.out/different+ones#

PrincessToadstool Wed 01-Jul-09 17:46:42

Well you can say and think what you like, it's just a bit harsh to call a baby ugly.

TheLadyEvenstar Wed 01-Jul-09 17:46:49

Laurie LMAO I didn't say she was ugly though!!! although he has got ugly and FAT and BALD and he is only 28 or 29 lol i can't remember

PrincessToadstool Wed 01-Jul-09 17:47:20

Ugly/not very pretty - big difference?

TheLadyEvenstar Wed 01-Jul-09 17:47:36

Princess I never said she was ugly I said she was not very pretty...

Northernlurker Wed 01-Jul-09 17:49:52

Theladyevenstar - how the girl looked is totally irrelevant! Why didn't you just post to say that you seen your ex and he now has a daughter and you found this a very weird experience? We really don't need to know she has her father's nose and the fact that you're dwelling on it makes you seem rather petty tbh.

LaurieFairyCake Wed 01-Jul-09 17:50:39

Sorry, didn't mean to imply to said that - I know you said not very pretty.

I just happen to think even if you called a kid of mine ugly or 'interesting looking' I wouldn't take offense.

Who cares, surely not everyone on this board is deluded and thinks their kids are gorgeous?

In fact I've heard some mumsnetters say how ugly their baby was and how they have grown into their looks.

FenellaFudge Wed 01-Jul-09 17:57:49

Greenie - this quick typing thing doesn't seem to be working out for you grin

I sometimes think - what on odd looking child; they are some huuuuge ears for such a little head; aha! proof that monobrows dont just occur with age....

It is unusual to hear someone say it - as in the op - and I do think it should remain something that is thought and not uttered(I'm just giving my examples to explain my point) but please lets not pretend that we dont think inappropriate things sometimes.

Thoughts are freeflowing, its actions and words that need to be kept in check.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now