Talk

Advanced search

To think WTF when I see people feeding their kids chocolate in this heat!

(19 Posts)
lollipopz Wed 01-Jul-09 16:42:20

Have seen quite a few today walking up and down because we live right next to a wee shop. I think it's madness because think of the mess it must make melting so quickly and surely it can't taste too good! I know I couldn't eat a dairy milk in this heat, and the shop sells ice creams! So what do you think!

shakerattleandrollover Wed 01-Jul-09 16:44:41

let them eat chocolate! think of the mess melted ice cream makes.

pranma Wed 01-Jul-09 16:45:21

I just really enjoyed a bar of fruit and nut from the fridge!

shakerattleandrollover Wed 01-Jul-09 16:45:48

let them eat chocolate! think of the mess melted ice cream makes.

TrillianAstrahasaJOB Wed 01-Jul-09 16:45:49

Chocolate only tasting good when it's cold outside? Never heard that one before.

stillstanding Wed 01-Jul-09 16:46:46

wtf at this thread?!

mrsmaidamess Wed 01-Jul-09 16:48:36

<opens bar of galaxy>

FenellaFudge Wed 01-Jul-09 16:48:36

Lollipopz - what do you think will happen dear? I mean, really, whats the worst case scenario?

lottarump Wed 01-Jul-09 16:48:58

choc anytime of the year in our house tastes good.

FenellaFudge Wed 01-Jul-09 16:51:42

DS doesnt eat ice cream, doesn't eat anything brightly coloured (skittles, chewits etc) doesnt eat jeely type sweets, doesnt eat crisps.
If he was to get a treat from the sweet shop it would be chocolate (well 9/10 it would actually be a comic, but for the purposes of this thread..)

lollipopz Wed 01-Jul-09 16:52:39

Fair enough if its cold and your indoors. Its just a weird hang up i've always had when its hot i couldn't face being out in the heat and eating chocolate but i am prepared to admit iab a tad u, and maybe slightly wierd!

Morloth Wed 01-Jul-09 16:55:14

Chocolate is always good, like bacon.

independiente Wed 01-Jul-09 20:56:08

Oh I adore melting chocolate, it is far and away the best kind. Can't stand chocolate that's been in the fridge.

Lilyloo Wed 01-Jul-09 20:58:13

Lol yes YADBU i can eat chocolate regardless of stage of melting or weather grin

AnyFucker Wed 01-Jul-09 20:58:35

cold chocolate loses its taste

warm chocolate really tastes chocolatey

yabw (weird)

thatsnotmymonster Wed 01-Jul-09 21:00:12

hmm this is almost certainly one of the most bizarre thread titles.

Why not have choc? My 1, 2 and 4yo will make a gigantic mess with just about anything you give them to eat. Certainly not any differnce mess wise between choc/ice cream/ice lolly.

Think u r slightly weird grin

lollipopz Wed 01-Jul-09 21:09:13

Think it all stems from being fed microwaved mars bars as a 'treat' when i was a kid, really didn't enjoy that, but then thats probably weird too

lollipopz Wed 01-Jul-09 21:15:31

See choc ice cream is ok i am meaning gooey slightly melted choc while you are out in the full heat of the sun. Does that not make you really thirsty?

GodzillasBumcheek Wed 01-Jul-09 21:15:35

Yes, you're definately BU i'm afraid.

DD3 had chocolate today - it's one of the few things which improves her mood when she's getting stroppy at being in the buggy (it was a long walk to the beach today!).

Plus, warm (but not melted IMO) chocolate is the most yummy.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now