Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

to think that they should all b@*%$r off back to where they came from?

(39 Posts)
Juwesm Wed 01-Jul-09 15:27:06

Just because it is warm and I happen to have the doors and windows open, why should I have to put up with constant invasions of bees/ wasps/ flies during the day and moths/ spiders/ daddy-longlegs at night? And they are clever enough to find their own way in, but can never find their way out again!

Aaaaaaarrrrrggggghhhhhh! angry

minouminou Wed 01-Jul-09 15:30:25

I knew it'd be bug-related!!!
We got invaded by crickets last summer, and I'm hoping they'll be back....all the others can cock off, though.

Curiousmama Wed 01-Jul-09 15:30:53

hmm don't much like your thread title

chocolatebunnies Wed 01-Jul-09 15:31:02

YANBU!

Im with you! There a bloody nightmare!

Daddylonglegs are the worse though, the eerie little fuckers bouncing round, eughhh!

Juwesm Wed 01-Jul-09 15:33:02

Hmmm, quite like crickets. Wouldn't want a houseful though. Could perhaps tolerate one. Not if it chirruped all night though.

PuzzleRocks Wed 01-Jul-09 15:33:25

You forgot ants Ju. The sodding ants are driving me mad.

minouminou Wed 01-Jul-09 15:34:27

they were speckled bush crickets...v quiet and docile
used to give them slices of plum...DS loved them

minouminou Wed 01-Jul-09 15:35:01

ants ARE bastards...and wasps.

Juwesm Wed 01-Jul-09 15:35:34

Still not got rid of them Puzzle?

LupusinaLlamasuit Wed 01-Jul-09 15:39:11

Oh you speciesist. I think you will find they are making an important contribution to the ecosystem in your house. Get over it. You're probably descended from critters yerself.

Qally Wed 01-Jul-09 15:45:26

My Mum keeps trying to persuade me to put a bead curtain up over the back door. I just can't - they're too unspeakably naff.

My DH actively enjoys ant invasions. He devises diabolical traps and poisons for them - it's horrid. Really hoping ds doesn't inherit this insecticidal streak, as I find it profoundly disturbing.

insertwittynicknameHERE Wed 01-Jul-09 15:45:49

Flies, daddy long legs, bees, wasps I can deal with, its the butterflies and moths that do it for me. Ohhhh I get all goose pimply just typing that.

Eurgh!!!!

Juwesm Wed 01-Jul-09 15:49:57

What, even the wasps Lupus?

<<Checks for vestigial wings/ thorax/ extra pairs of legs>>

Bzzzzzzzzzzz.

PortBlacksandResident Wed 01-Jul-09 15:55:41

I had a large moth (the sort you can hear their wings beating) fly up my nighty during a loo trip in the night. I was drinking some water by the window. It survived you'll be pleased to know.

Juwesm Wed 01-Jul-09 15:57:06

That makes me feel really quite ill PortBlacksand!

OrmIrian Wed 01-Jul-09 15:58:17

Don't care much about anything but spiders and cockroaches. Not too keen on Daddy-long-legs - which are just skinny spiders with no sense of direction and legs that aresn't fixed on properly.

thumbwitch Wed 01-Jul-09 15:58:42

I never understand this either = the bugs fly in, usually through a tiny gap, god only knows what for, and then spend the next several hours trying to get out again! WHY?? Why come in in the first place? What were they hoping for? And why are they so fecking incompetent at finding their way out again? They seem to manage well enough when aimed at with a large object though, so I think they are like juvenile delinquents - they do it JUST to piss us off.

PortBlacksandResident Wed 01-Jul-09 15:59:32

I don't think it did the moth much good Juwesm grin.

minouminou Wed 01-Jul-09 16:00:08

Oh yeah...big moths....the ones with wings like stealth bombers.
I'll never forget the night I left my bedroom window open and the light on (rural childhood) and went downstairs.
Came back up to find the white walls appaloosa with the fuckers....

Juwesm Wed 01-Jul-09 16:01:44

Actually, don't really mind bees, because bees are nice. But they are quite large and a little intimidating when indoors.

<<Still shuddering about big moth>>

Juwesm Wed 01-Jul-09 16:04:58

And flies are just a little perplexing - why do they fly in squares underneath ceiling lights?

PortBlacksandResident Wed 01-Jul-09 16:24:15

Yes! And why do Daddy Long legs fly at your face?

<PBR considers the possibility she just attracts insects>

Juwesm Wed 01-Jul-09 16:43:28

No, it's not just you, they do chase you. They are pure evil.

Morloth Wed 01-Jul-09 16:49:01

I don't mind them, at least none of them want to kill you here.

Though I did iron a spider on to one of DH's shirts the other day. It was very annoying.

PortBlacksandResident Wed 01-Jul-09 16:56:53

Not least for the spider eh?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now