Talk

Advanced search

AIBU (or just a slattern) to have not done my DC any dinner yet cos im on MN

(12 Posts)
pickyvic Tue 30-Jun-09 19:46:14

MN needs to have a health warning....

its very late and ive not fed anyone yet. (not that anyone has complained - yet) but i should go and make something shouldnt i? and get off here. and be a good mummy. (beans on toast coming up...shopping hasnt arrived yet!)

so tell me get off here and go and do something....like feed poor starving kids. go on i can take it.

flamingobingo Tue 30-Jun-09 19:47:08

YANBU - stick them in the car and take them to McDonald's grin

pickyvic Tue 30-Jun-09 19:58:07

next best thing....ive got DS doing beans on toast! should be interesting....lol

TrillianAstrahasaJOB Tue 30-Jun-09 19:58:46

How old are they?

pickyvic Tue 30-Jun-09 20:01:52

old enough...DS is 17 (but has aspergers in case anyone thinks im overmummying 17 year old) and DD is 12 next week!

can you burn beans on toast? im about to find out! wink

pickyvic Tue 30-Jun-09 20:02:36

lol....hes just asked me "sort out the toast"....i knew it!

TrillianAstrahasaJOB Tue 30-Jun-09 20:12:07

If DS's Aspergers means he can't do it get DD to make beans on toast then! 12 is plenty old enough!

(also old enough to say 'Mum, I'm hungry' grin)

pickyvic Tue 30-Jun-09 20:20:45

oh your all girls after my own heart! anyway - done. all fed/watered....

but i will need to have a temporary break while i go for wine....tesco man tried to swap normal yummy wine for yukky french medium table wine....just wont do!

BCNS Tue 30-Jun-09 20:23:09

well I was going to tell you to go feed your poor starving children.. but you have already wink

pickyvic Tue 30-Jun-09 20:30:44

yep - i caved in.

LoveMyGirls Tue 30-Jun-09 20:35:09

I've been the same, sat here since about 7.20 until at 7.55 I said right thats it I can't take the guilt and got up and in that half hour off I've...

Cleared up all the mess from dinner (this inc food all over the floors and table) so I've swept and mopped, wiped the sides, put dishes on the drainer away, filled and put on dishwasher, handwashed few things.
Run me a bath
Tidied my room
Made myself a ready meal

Now the question is....

Do I sit here for the rest of the evening after a quick dip in the bath OR finish my wedding invitations and buy some stuff for the wedding off ebay?

pickyvic Tue 30-Jun-09 20:37:22

well well DH gets in i really ought to drap my arse off here and say hello....ive not been on too long really - just from when i got in from work! (bad enough!)

i will move shortly. i will. i really will. i should...

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now