Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

to hide cereal bowl from DH?

(19 Posts)
ViktoriaMac Tue 30-Jun-09 13:06:17

We recently moved house and due to "someone's" oversight, managed to only transport two cereal bowls with us. DH eats his cereal before work and puts bowl in dishwasher. Due to the fact that we don't need to put dishwasher on everyday, I eat my cereal and then wash up my bowl and put back in the cupboard. Inevitably he then takes the fresh one from the cupboard the next day and puts this bowl into dishwasher, leaving me bowl-less! Have now got to the point where I am seriously thinking of hiding the clean bowl and saving it for myself tomorrow. This pettiness maybe a result of the heat and pregnancy, or maybe just tired of his belief in the existence of a bowl fairy.

SomeGuy Tue 30-Jun-09 13:07:15

Why don't you buy a new bowl from poundland/Tesco/charity shop?

lisasimpson Tue 30-Jun-09 13:08:09

or you could just buy more bowls - a lot less hassle in the long run...

diedandgonetodevon Tue 30-Jun-09 13:08:39

FGS why have you not just bought new ones?!?

Lulumama Tue 30-Jun-09 13:09:29

YABU, buy some more bowls, no need to be childish

MatNanPlus Tue 30-Jun-09 13:09:38

put your used and cleaned bowl in the dishwasher so he will need to get out his old bowl and wash it

TrinityRhino Tue 30-Jun-09 13:09:44

erm buy new ones
life is too short for this

MatNanPlus Tue 30-Jun-09 13:13:02

put your used and cleaned bowl in the dishwasher so he will need to get out his old bowl and wash it

nametaken Tue 30-Jun-09 13:15:14

what MatNanPlus said grin - it's what I do with all the glasses in this house when the kids take a big glass, have one mouthful of water, then put the glass in the dishwasher. Ten times a day. Each child angry

nametaken Tue 30-Jun-09 13:16:37

Or, you could just divorce the bastard grin that way you'd have one bowl for you and one spare, assuming he doesn't demand half the bowls in the divorce settlement.

sweetnitanitro Tue 30-Jun-09 13:17:43

Stop buying cereal and make him eat toast instead.

MatNanPlus Tue 30-Jun-09 13:35:57

nametaken doesn't that just get so annoying, my MIL is the opposite, you finish your drink and leave the glass in the fridge for later and she takes it out of the fridge, washes it and puts it away.

ViktoriaMac Tue 30-Jun-09 13:36:26

Yeah new bowls would be the obvious answer. Although I think making him eat toast would also be a good idea, especially as he insists that he only likes Warburton's granary ( no other kind at all hmm and has stocked up the whole house with this!

MamaLazarou Tue 30-Jun-09 13:37:27

YABU

Ask your husband to wash his cereal bowl after use.

ViktoriaMac Tue 30-Jun-09 13:38:59

MamaL - his answer: "but we have a dishwasher."

MamaLazarou Tue 30-Jun-09 13:42:55

Have you explained about how the dishwasher doesn't go on every day, though? I'm sure if he understood the situation more clearly he would be considerate enough to take a few minutes to wash one bowl.

mixformax Tue 30-Jun-09 13:43:34

Eat together and wash up together. Marital harmony all round grin

slyandgobbo Tue 30-Jun-09 13:45:10

break both bowls and make him eat his cereal out of a mug.

ViktoriaMac Tue 30-Jun-09 13:47:53

grin @ slyandgobbo

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now