Talk

Advanced search

for wanting to blow Peppa Pig's nose!

(22 Posts)
SarahL2 Tue 30-Jun-09 09:11:23

DS has just discovered Peppa Pig and it's driving me crazy!

Why on earth does the actress doing her voice think that pigs would talk with bunged up noses!!?!!

dilemma456 Tue 30-Jun-09 09:17:00

Message withdrawn

kslatts Tue 30-Jun-09 09:24:17

LOL at bacon sandwiches

SarahL2 Tue 30-Jun-09 09:31:12

Mmmm Bacon sandwiches....

Or Ham

NeedCoffee Tue 30-Jun-09 09:47:15

Sarah-am with you on the PP obsession(dd not me) we have it on all day, or we have tantrums, its my own fault because I never let her have TV on, and decided to start letting her watch it so I could get things done, now I have to come and press play every 20 minutes grr.

SarahL2 Tue 30-Jun-09 09:59:54

Luckily, Roary the Racing Car is even more of an obsession in our house so I don't have to watch her too often. But every time it's on, it drives me crazy!

NeedCoffee Tue 30-Jun-09 10:07:11

We don't have Roary, she wont hav e anything but Piiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiig!

toddlerama Tue 30-Jun-09 10:18:34

Oh we always have to have piiiiiiiig as well. She needs her adenoids removed. I used to talk like peppa piiiiiiiig.

Lulumama Tue 30-Jun-09 10:22:37

i love her voice. DD sounds a bit similar so we make her say peppa pig phrases , for our own amusement, we are Bad Parents

TrinityRhino Tue 30-Jun-09 10:23:52

isn't it a small child doing the voice?

I've never been nothered by it because I thought it was a small child

I am really dumb obviously

but how do you saound like a small child when your not?

I like Peppa Pig and Ban and Hollys magic kingdom blush

which is a good thing as the 4 and 2 year olds are obsessed

Lulumama Tue 30-Jun-09 10:33:48

it is a child

DD likes ben & holly's magic kingdom , some of the same voices in there from peppa pig.. think miss rabbit and grandpa pig's voices are used

TrinityRhino Tue 30-Jun-09 10:46:42

its the same people who made peppa pig
I love nanny plum grin

is it really a child?
am I right shock

NeedCoffee Tue 30-Jun-09 10:55:45

lol at Bad Parents, I'd do it with my DD too if she sounded like PP, I try to have Ben and Holly on, also have tried with Milly Molly, mainly because DD can say Milly Molly grin but still, she NEEDS Piiiiiiiig at all times, and since it keeps her sat on the potty, i'll try to keep it drowned out with the voices in my head.

peppapighastakenovermylife Tue 30-Jun-09 10:57:11

As my name suggests, I feel your pain.

DS has morphed into George and sounds exactly like him. Infuriating but insanely sweet at the same time when he shakes his head resolutely and says 'no' grin

Mrs Rabbit - sounds so bored all of the time - but I guess you would if you were racing from part time job to part time job wink

quirkychick Tue 30-Jun-09 11:09:10

I love Nanny Plum too grin same voice as Miss Rabbit.

Peppa Pig is responsible for "Yuck! That's disgusting!" which took a while to eradicate in our house.

Ben and Holly is better, funnier for adults I think!

toddlerama Tue 30-Jun-09 11:09:25

It might not be a kid. I am 28 this month and I do voiceovers for 14-16 yr old. But George is voiced by twins, so my guess is they are children.

Lulumama Tue 30-Jun-09 12:45:58

piiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiig

am so relieved DD has stopped shouting and can now ask nicely. although we had weeks of her shouting it ,first thing in the morning

SarahL2 Tue 30-Jun-09 13:16:06

I get "Roary on Mummy" until he sees Peppa Pig starting!!

Luckily, we have a load of Roary recorded so if I really can't face it, I stick one of those on..

I've managed to miss Ben and Holly so far. I think I might try to keep it that way for a bit longer wink

toddlerama Wed 01-Jul-09 11:40:59

I hate Ben and Holly.

SarahL2 Wed 01-Jul-09 11:45:21

Peppa was on again this morning and all I could think of was "take that pig's adenoids out!"

Thanks Toddlerama! hmm

MissSunny Wed 01-Jul-09 12:30:22

Message withdrawn

pjmama Wed 01-Jul-09 13:58:20

Series 1 was a girl called Lily Snowden-Fine who I suspect is the one with the adenoid issue (it irritates me too!) and she's the one singing the theme tune. Then it was taken over in Series 2 by a girl called Cecily Bloom who was a bit better.

Ben & Holly's Little Kingdom is made by the same people and Holly is played by the girl who does Zoe Zebra in Peppa. My kids love both.

Yes.... I am aware that I need to get out more...

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now