Talk

Advanced search

To not give a flying feck about the fecking tennis?

(37 Posts)
EccentricaGallumbits Mon 29-Jun-09 22:30:10

2 solid weeks of grunting, sweaty, dour, overpaid, athletes batting a sodding ball back and forth.
2 solid weeks of TV disruption.
2 solid weeks ove over hyped letdowns.
it is shit. it is bollocks. not everybody wants to watch the fecking tennis. not everyone gives a shit which miserable scot happens to be batting well that week.

I DON'T BLOODY CARE.

Fecking bollocksing shite.

DitaVonCheese Mon 29-Jun-09 22:59:33

No no no no no YANBU.

God I hate fecking Wimbledon.

We may be the only two people in the country who don't care but at least we're not alone.

Sodding buggery tedious shite grin

Nahui Mon 29-Jun-09 23:00:39

Message withdrawn

DitaVonCheese Mon 29-Jun-09 23:21:56

As long as the tennis isn't on in moaning corner then I will happily brave the farts!

Nahui Mon 29-Jun-09 23:36:02

Message withdrawn

DitaVonCheese Mon 29-Jun-09 23:40:28

Can I bring my book?

steviesgirl Tue 30-Jun-09 00:00:52

Just don't watch it then! Simple really. Some of us enjoy it. Each to their own.

verygreenlawn Tue 30-Jun-09 07:10:04

Trouble is steviesgirl it's not that simple. I actually quite enjoy it - but even I get a bit irritated by the Thou Shalt Enjoy Wimbledons. It seems that "oh sorry tennis isn't really my thing" just isn't enough to stop people going on .... and on .... and on ....

purepurple Tue 30-Jun-09 07:17:38

YANBU
I have never liked tennis
Andy who?
At least most of it is on when I am at work grin

noddyholder Tue 30-Jun-09 07:17:52

Don't watch it! I hate reality tv and soaps so have never watched them.Its what the remote is for grin

merryberry Tue 30-Jun-09 08:01:55

yanbu

Nappyzoneisabeetrootrunner Tue 30-Jun-09 08:04:27

I watched it last night after 9.30 onwards as wondered what was going on as every one seemed excited - i thought it must be the final or something - it took me about 20 mins to relaise which was Murray. The other one who lost had more kerb appeal grin - yes im shallow. Anyhows it was only the 4th round - so is it nearly finished?

sarah293 Tue 30-Jun-09 08:26:36

Message withdrawn

moondog Tue 30-Jun-09 08:38:19

Nope, couldn't give a shit either.

Callisto Tue 30-Jun-09 08:44:10

Tennis is unbelievably boring and Murray is completely uncharismatic.

herbietea Tue 30-Jun-09 08:47:55

Message withdrawn

Botbot Tue 30-Jun-09 08:52:56

One of our work servers went down the other day because the line was being used to stream live Wimbledon into the building. I was peeved. Especially since I seem to be the only tennis-hater in the building. It's so tedious.

Tried to whip myself up into a state of mild interestedness to watch Andy Murray last night, considering it had messed my telly-watching up, but failed to do so and wandered off bored after about 30 seconds.

unknownrebelbang Tue 30-Jun-09 08:56:24

I like the tennis.

I enjoyed watching last night's match.

DH, who can't stand tennis, even enjoyed watching last night.

And I agree Warwinki (sp?) does have erm what was the term...kerb appeal. wink

Switch over/off. (although I do think they should stick it on either BBC1 or BBC2 and not keep swapping channels. That's irritating for both the fans and those trying to watch/record other programmes.

Sassybeast Tue 30-Jun-09 09:11:22

I am not watching it this year cos that gorgeous Nadal isn't playing sad Shallow ? Moi ? Yessir!

Nahui Tue 30-Jun-09 09:15:39

Message withdrawn

OurLadyOfPerpetualSupper Tue 30-Jun-09 09:17:28

I'd rather watch paint dry.

retiredgoth2 Tue 30-Jun-09 09:20:04

...I have never figured out why both combatants appear to be trying to score into the same goal.

Any event that is frequented by Sir Cliff, and a huge number of adults who purchase their attire from the Disney store, is one that I would rather avoid.

...still. The annual Wimbledon bore-fest has the salutary, and improving, effect of switching my wireless from Five Live to the Home Service for the duration.

<ditto golf. I hate fucking golf>

Sadly, my twin urchins, 8, have expressed an interest in purchasing tennis bats....

<sigh>

CMOTdibbler Tue 30-Jun-09 09:22:01

I hate tennis. I really, really hate tennis.

We were forced to play it at school, and as at the time I had very poor sight, and even worse 3D vision, I entirely failed to hit the ball at all. PE staff didn't understand how this worked, and had no sympathy. Fortunatly my friend with spina bifida did, so we played together. Well, I say played, we'd hit the ball at each other. As I couldn't return it, and she couldn't run, it sort of worked out.

Put me off for life

AMumInScotland Tue 30-Jun-09 09:27:02

So don't watch it hmm

Same as I don't watch soaps, reality shows, z-list-celebrity-baiting, football, F1 racing, or any drama miniseries which starts with the author's name.

Easy.

DitaVonCheese Tue 30-Jun-09 09:54:27

I don't watch it. That doesn't stop it being on in every restaurant, pub, home or party you go to for the two weeks (is that really it? it seems longer) that it's on. Or people telling you about it. Or refusing to leave their darkened living rooms despite the fact that it's a glorious day outside.

It's the fact that it's so cocking ubiquitous that pisses me off.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now