Talk

Advanced search

to want to put my high pressure hose through fence into neighbour's garden

(10 Posts)
sleepwhenidie Mon 29-Jun-09 19:54:14

..along with a gallon of bleach? They are v nice and friendly but have a large staffordshire bull terrier that lives mostly outside in their paved garden. The stench of urine and sh** in our garden is getting unbearable - not helped by my pregnant supersense of smell! I can see a dustpan full of turds in the corner of their garden just the other side of the fence, it is just vile and ruining our enjoyment of the garden in this hot weather. I can even smell it in our bedroom when the window is open. DH and I were planning to bbq this evening but I can't stand the thought of eating out there.

I don't want to fall out with them but think I am going to have to have a word or write a note. WWYD?

Kbear Mon 29-Jun-09 19:55:28

Have a word definitely. That is disgusting. Don't write a note, better to speak in person.

differentID Mon 29-Jun-09 19:57:19

you can report it to environmental health as a possible community health hazard.

morningpaper Mon 29-Jun-09 20:02:54

That's really disgusting

Poor you

sleepwhenidie Mon 29-Jun-09 20:03:38

really differentid? when the actual mess is confined to their garden?

OrmIrian Mon 29-Jun-09 20:06:39

Environmental health definitely. It's a health hazard in this heat. Yuck!

differentID Mon 29-Jun-09 20:07:16

well yes, flies etc don't stay in their back garden. The smell certainly doesnt.
Is it their own house or is it rented? If so, do you know if it's private let/ HA? if it's HA they can be made to clear it away as part of their tenancy agreement.

Frasersmum123 Mon 29-Jun-09 20:09:51

Poor you

YANBU - thats gross!

sleepwhenidie Mon 29-Jun-09 20:22:38

pretty sure it is their own house, think they have been there for a long time.

differentID Mon 29-Jun-09 20:53:14

I'd still give EH a call and mention that you are concerned.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now